Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2021, 11:42 PM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post

There have been 0 Covid deaths amongst my friends and acquaintances who still live in the continent. Anecdotal evidence is all you can trust anymore in this epic fraud.

Africa refuses to fudge its numbers like us.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021...ination-rates/
Africa isn’t a country. They don’t make decisions as one just because people with narrow views lump them together. It is a vast and varied continent with many, many peoples. Do you think the countries of Asia got together to ‘fudge their numbers’ in some secret society meeting? Do you think the South Americans all had a council and said ‘hey, we’ll pretend that we are incompetent, that’ll show those American conspiracy theorists a thing or two?

Every time you speak of nations in Asia and Africa I can see how US-centric your views are. NO theories stand up when you try to figure why the many many countries of the world have reacted in their various ways against Covid.

Covid isn’t a fraud. People who depend on anecdotal evidence should be disregarded. It’s not a BAD thing to do, it’s natural, but it’s certainly a poor way to make decisions. It’s a pandemic… nations are doing the best they can in some cases and in others are muddling through it. That’s not an excuse for richer nations, with means, to be incompetent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2021, 01:12 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,860,385 times
90 percent of countries still have reliable numbers. 10 percent scam, with US leading the way.

Time for a joke:

https://dailycaller.com/2021/09/27/m...covid-19-goal/

Old 09-29-2021, 02:16 AM

1,369 posts, read 714,369 times
Just on the face of it, your comment is funny. 90% reliable... rest scam. And conveniently, you think the countries with the most reliable and well organized public health systems, with the most testing and medical capabilities, are part of the 'scam' and the countries where in a good year they are still trying to beat polio, dengue, malaria, and basic malnutrition, are 'reliable'?

You think the countries with a MUCH lower median age are doing better at COVID through some magical medicine... when in fact they just have a younger population more likely to survive, and also the inability to track and report cause of death.

I mean, is this how you think a complex world works? You have a world view and everything just magically matches up with what you think? Again, you have a very narrow view of the world.

Learn to accept... sometimes bad things happen to us and there are limited ways to make things better. We've had pandemics before and we will have them again. There's no boogie man behind the curtain... there's a virus, just like we've had them through all of our history, only now we have vaccines to fight back. Unlike we've had during all of our history.

Again... where hospitals are full, they are full of unvaccinated patients.

Old 09-29-2021, 08:31 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,669,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcos View Post
Just on the face of it, your comment is funny. 90% reliable... rest scam. And conveniently, you think the countries with the most reliable and well organized public health systems, with the most testing and medical capabilities, are part of the 'scam' and the countries where in a good year they are still trying to beat polio, dengue, malaria, and basic malnutrition, are 'reliable'?

You think the countries with a MUCH lower median age are doing better at COVID through some magical medicine... when in fact they just have a younger population more likely to survive, and also the inability to track and report cause of death.

I mean, is this how you think a complex world works? You have a world view and everything just magically matches up with what you think? Again, you have a very narrow view of the world.

Learn to accept... sometimes bad things happen to us and there are limited ways to make things better. We've had pandemics before and we will have them again. There's no boogie man behind the curtain... there's a virus, just like we've had them through all of our history, only now we have vaccines to fight back. Unlike we've had during all of our history.

Again... where hospitals are full, they are full of unvaccinated patients.
And mostly old, sick, fat unvaccinated people.

We need to be reminded of these facts too. It's not all about vaccination. Or it shouldn't be. It should also be about improving the overall health outcomes through better lifestyle choices. How many fewer people would have died if they weren't fat and/or exercised regularly?

Maybe people die more often in places like Africa, but they don't die of Covid because Covid is a fat, sick and old person's disease!

Old 09-29-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
Instead of looking at totals, how about the current 7-day averages for new infections because that is what we are dealing with right now.

Portugal has 693, WA has 2386, Iceland has 36. For every 100k people you get 6.8, 30.6, and 10 respectively. This isn't a study, just the raw numbers.

So currently, WA is doing pretty bad in comparison.
I did look at that. In the previous post I say that Iceland's 7 day average is 18x what it was in June.

WA is only 8x.

Old 09-29-2021, 08:42 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,860,385 times
Main way the 10% scamming countries win the race to Mordor:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...y-medical.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Unsurprising that governments play with numbers.

My father was listed as a primarily Covid death.

The real primary was his FIFTH seizure. He was Covid positive. My father was an 89 year old physical train wreck who told me few weeks before he died that he was ready. He was 80% bed ridden and miserable. We parted as friends and I miss my dad, but no sudden death regrets.

My mom had Covid at the time and did not even know it. 80 years old and completely asymptomatic. She only found out when they tested her then wouldn't let her in to visit him. (He was basically in a coma at this point so it was sad, but not the opportunity to actually say goodbye, I love you.)

Sucks that they lied on his cause of death tho.

Old 09-29-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I’m judging by how things are right now, not what has happened. Yeah, Portugal had some tough waves but forged forward on vaccinations, reaching 85 percent now. A military admiral took over the vax program, organized things with precision. There is also very little “vaccine resistance” culture and the politicians (regardless of party) have been very supportive of the effort.
You said the "proof was in the pudding" and that there was "hardly any deaths" and "much fewer cases".

Bunch of BS trying to contextualize that statement and force it into the here and now.

If you had done the story right then you would have also included how there had been deaths and had been cases, but all the people of Portugal valiantly and graciously accepted and took the vaccine and now everyone is thriving. The vaccine saved the day!

That would have been the right narrative for you, but you blew it. Instead you didn't acknowledge the cases or deaths as if you didn't actually know they existed. Because you didn't.

Just admit you stepped over yourself. No shame in it bro. I've done it. It's better to say, "my bad, I was wrong" than to some how twist yourself into a pretzel trying to maybe possibly hopefully convince me that you aren't a mistake-making human.

Old 09-29-2021, 09:03 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,128,391 times
I am starting to lose hope in states like WA. Seattle is 80% vaccinated with two doses and yet many people act as if it's still March 2020, avoid crowded places and social contacts. Do people not trust the vaccine anymore? Or do they just believe their favorite politicians? Almost looks like people like it that way and don't want for things to go back to normal. There is something really wrong with everything that's happening.

Old 09-29-2021, 09:21 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I did look at that. In the previous post I say that Iceland's 7 day average is 18x what it was in June.

WA is only 8x.
But that's entirely related to how amazingly well they were doing in June, which was a value of 2 people total, and a tiny country like Iceland is very variable due to the population being so low. It's a bad comparison to use, but especially when comparing to a time when cases were in single figures - small changes produce wildly different results.

Old 09-29-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmition View Post
But that's entirely related to how amazingly well they were doing in June, which was a value of 2 people total, and a tiny country like Iceland is very variable due to the population being so low. It's a bad comparison to use, but especially when comparing to a time when cases were in single figures - small changes produce wildly different results.
Keep in mind that I wasn't the one trying to compare Iceland to anyone else. That was Homes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area