Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 11:06 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,898 times

Advertisements

Took me several months, but as of today, I have played a big part in convincing 5 locals to not get the vaccine. I knew all of them, and all are below age 50. Persistence pays.

What have you done for your city and country lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 11:18 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Oh gez.

This isn't the least bit incensing

Let's see... I haven't gone out and gotten a new job after covid when I know a lot of employers are needing workers. I don't need no stinking job and nobody can convince me to go get one.

I guess that's on the same level as what you're talking about.

Old 05-24-2021, 11:34 PM

3,693 posts, read 2,411,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Took me several months, but as of today, I have played a big part in convincing 5 locals to not get the vaccine. I knew all of them, and all are below age 50. Persistence pays.

They needed you to convince them not to?

Are you qualified to say?

Old 05-24-2021, 11:52 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,667,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
They needed you to convince them not to?

Are you qualified to say?
Probably not, but it makes for a more satisfactory and, apparently, heroic narrative.

More likely it's ... "birds of a feather...."

Old 05-25-2021, 01:14 AM

1,369 posts, read 713,969 times
Lol, several months? I’m not concerned. With this administration at the center and plenty of sensible state governments, the incentives and the pressures to vaccinate are so broad scale that I am no longer worried that we will not achieve herd immunity. Basically, life is going to be a lot better for the vaccinated next year, unless Covid numbers drop so much that restrictions are lifted and stay lifted...which is the goal in any case.
Case in point: the navy has hit a vaccination wall... and the US government just said that sailors without vaccines will have to quarantine when they hit a foreign port...which I guess means no shore leave. I have a sneaky suspicion that vaccinations will rise.

And for those that don’t vaccinate, they’re doing us a favor since it allows liberals to send vaccines overseas and rebuild the US’ reputation. Well get to the rest of our people eventually with job related mandates, travel mandates, incentives like DeWine’s lottery...
The list goes on. Probably other things in the works by the Biden admin...

Old 05-25-2021, 02:27 AM

6,376 posts, read 4,995,543 times
You guys don't want the mutations? Suit yourself, I'll just be over here doing housework super fast with my third arm.

Old 05-25-2021, 06:17 AM

268 posts, read 358,015 times
Do you want to hear about how and mother and brother felt when they got covid? Very very sick
And how my kids teacher felt who was vaccinated and caught covid? She was out for 2 days with minor symptoms and is back now.
Mom and bro are fully vaccinated now.

Old 05-25-2021, 06:58 AM

8,171 posts, read 8,297,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya97 View Post
Do you want to hear about how and mother and brother felt when they got covid? Very very sick
And how my kids teacher felt who was vaccinated and caught covid? She was out for 2 days with minor symptoms and is back now.
Mom and bro are fully vaccinated now.
Sorry yaya, I had two cousins suffer badly and die. A dear friend is a front line covid treating physician and has been through hell for the last year and a half and seen suffering in all age groups. OP, what have I done? Convinced about 5 Republican leaning people in my extended family (In Florida) to get vaccines. The Covid cases/deaths have come way down in the US with widespread vaccine use. Do you debate these statistics or are are you more hesitant/worried about possible side effects/down the road problems?

Here’s our WA State Health Department addressing vaccine questions/doubts: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/C...s#heading62102

Old 05-25-2021, 07:47 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,671,787 times
I don't like how difficult it has become to tell the difference between people who are dumb and people who are trolling. The former have become so proud of themselves.

Old 05-25-2021, 09:04 AM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post

My, my. Aren't you the "patriot"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area