Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 05:22 PM

14,706 posts, read 12,380,579 times

Advertisements

Follow up:

We've been hearing stories about fears for 18 months. Without any new information or urgency, eventually people will tune it out, and many have. So they turned up the urgency with this Delta variant. They got a few more to comply with that.

Those who can be bullied already have the vaccine. I understand the good people aren't satisfied with the numbers, but very few of the stragglers are going to be convinced by increasingly insulting and oppressive tactics used to compel them.

And it's probably too late to pretend you respect them. You can try to do it by force, but that may end badly. Remember, we fought our last revolution over being charged too much for tea. While I doubt we have that kind of energy and commitment to anything any more... we do tend to course correct at the ballot box eventually... yes... even here in WA.

We're just going to have to power through this. Protect yourself and yours best you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 04:14 PM

1,348 posts, read 716,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
wear mask get vaccine care about others sadly its all about me no sacrifiuce whatsoever by people/babies

Translate please
pretty obvious

Old 08-25-2021, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'd be all for that if their choice didn't also impact people in a severe medical condition. You don't want a family member to have a heart attack when all the ICU beds are full. We're living through a national medical emergency, and that should be a high priority.
agree

Old 08-25-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Well, it is pretty widespread, actually. I see lots of news clips of completely overwhelmed hospital staff and administration begging the public to help them gain additional capacity to help other people.

Maybe you don't see that?
exactly

Old 08-25-2021, 10:12 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,651,052 times
Seems we're not done with covid yet.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/co...25/id/1033771/

"Some 25% of SARS-CoV-2 infections among Los Angeles County residents occurred in fully vaccinated residents from May through July 25"

"According to the study, 3.2% of fully vaccinated individuals who were infected with the virus were hospitalized, just 0.5% were admitted to an intensive care unit and 0.2% were placed on a ventilator."

"Among the unvaccinated who fell ill, 7.5% were hospitalized, 1.5% were admitted to an intensive care unit and 0.5% required breathing support with a mechanical ventilator."

Old 08-26-2021, 08:56 AM

15,994 posts, read 6,685,751 times
CDC: Unvaccinated LA County residents 29 times more likely to be hospitalized from COVID-19

Quote:
A new study released Tuesday that analyzed COVID-19 infections in Los Angeles County found that unvaccinated residents were 29 times more likely to be hospitalized from COVID-19 than those who are fully vaccinated, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Conclusion: if you want to do the right thing for yourself and others, get vaccinated.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:14 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,651,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/co...25/id/1033771/

"Some 25% of SARS-CoV-2 infections among Los Angeles County residents occurred in fully vaccinated residents from May through July 25"

"According to the study, 3.2% of fully vaccinated individuals who were infected with the virus were hospitalized, just 0.5% were admitted to an intensive care unit and 0.2% were placed on a ventilator."
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
CDC: Unvaccinated LA County residents 29 times more likely to be hospitalized from COVID-19

Conclusion: if you want to do the right thing for yourself and others, get vaccinated.
The main takeaway is that going forward, covid will be like the cold or flu, something everyone gets from time to time, rather than like the measles, something only an unlucky few will ever get. I remember the WHO speculating this would be the case when this first started. With the data from vaccinated people getting infected, it's clear this is the case.

Old 08-26-2021, 10:07 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,710,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I still see 20-30% of the people at stores not wearing masks in the Sequim & PA area.
Surprisingly enough no one gives any of them a hard time.

There was even a protest in central Sequim a couple days ago in favor of being anti mask and anti vaccination.
Not really my thing but I’m all for freedom of speech and assembly.

I know I don’t have a problem being around an unmasked vaccinated person.
I don’t associate with unvaccinated people.
If I’m at a store I consider everyone unvaccinated and keep my distance.

These lockdowns and restrictions have cost my wife and I an extreme amount of money.
It’s just insane.

I’m done giving or let’s just say “chasing the carrot” for this.
All of the people (my friends) that I associate with have been vaccinated and most of them even had the virus.

Everybody has had ample time to get vaccinated.
Sucks to be you if your chosen path backfires on you is all I have to say.

Personally I believe in freedom of choice.
You do you is my belief.
It’s all on you to take care of yourself so don’t ask me for any help like wearing a mask which I don’t consider to be healthy for me.
Just curious how this has caused you a lot of money. I know that's kind of personal, but I am curious because I don't think of the restrictions having done much for us. I lost my dog walking business due to the lockdown. I didn't make much compared to my husband though. Also I was getting burned out. I miss the dogs and having a little work, but otherwise I don't feel like it was a huge loss. I even had an interview for a retail position yesterday. I turned it down when they wanted 30 hours of my time per week (and a few other things).

Old 08-26-2021, 10:18 AM

8,736 posts, read 8,710,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Well, it is pretty widespread, actually. I see lots of news clips of completely overwhelmed hospital staff and administration begging the public to help them gain additional capacity to help other people.

Maybe you don't see that?
I'm telling you:

ITS. ALL. BULL.

I have a neighbor who is in his 70's. His wife has had muscular dystrophy for a long time and she has precarious health. She's been admitted to ICU/hospital twice in the last 4 weeks. First it was a lung infection.. end of July... THIS WEEK she had to go back because of pulmonary embolism. No problems with her treatment. Neighbor likes to document everything... so he's posting every meal that all looks fancily presented, pics of smiling and relaxed nurses... was discharged yesterday and beforehand he posted a pic of the young, chill, millennial doc sitting in a chair at the foot of the bed like he's just listening to one of grandpa's stories.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:20 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,184,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
I'm telling you:

ITS. ALL. BULL.

I have a neighbor who is in his 70's. His wife has had muscular dystrophy for a long time and she has precarious health. She's been admitted to ICU/hospital twice in the last 4 weeks. First it was a lung infection.. end of July... THIS WEEK she had to go back because of pulmonary embolism. No problems with her treatment. Neighbor likes to document everything... so he's posting every meal that all looks fancily presented, pics of smiling and relaxed nurses... was discharged yesterday and beforehand he posted a pic of the young, chill, millennial doc sitting in a chair at the foot of the bed like he's just listening to one of grandpa's stories.
I went to an ER a few times since April (one of those was in CA) and every time there was almost nobody there and an average wait of 10 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area