Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2021, 05:34 AM

8,184 posts, read 8,334,137 times

Advertisements

Article link here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ana...ding-a-jersey/

“What do you need to do around here to buy a cap that represents the best team in women’s basketball?

I was thinking about it last week as I was walking down the streets of downtown Seattle, home of the WNBA champion Storm.

At a sporting goods store, I looked for a replica of a green and golden storm cap, T-shirt, or the team’s new black jersey. This shows my love for one of the best teams in the sport.

I found a store full of stolen goods from the Seahawks, Mariners, and Washington Huskies. I saw an avid customer buying a cap with an ice blue “S” that represents Kraken, the town’s new NHL team. Kraken’s first match will not be until next month.

Every time I asked for a Storm product, I came across confusion and surprise. One salesperson suggested that storm gear would definitely remain untouched due to the demand for Russell Wilson jerseys. Another said it was okay to sell a storm bumper sticker, but I didn’t know where it was.

Disappointed, I drove to a nearby suburb and found a sporting goods store in the mall. Here my question is answered with this:

“Who is Arashi?”

Storm has been very consistent in their 21-year presence. They have four WNBA titles. The first came in 2004. The last is 2020. As the league heads into the playoffs this season starting this week, they will be back in the top four teams and are more likely to be repeated as champions.

Leading the current champions are three notable athletes. Jewell Loyd is an aggressive spark plug with a game modeled after one of her mentors, Kobe Bryant. Breana Stewart, the 2018 League MVP, is probably the best player in women’s games. One of the few breakout stars in her sport, Sue Bird spent her entire professional career in Seattle”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 11:48 AM

8,075 posts, read 8,393,713 times
You can get Storm gear here:

https://wnbastore.nba.com/seattle-st...Seattle_Storm}

For instance:

Old 09-22-2021, 12:52 PM

862 posts, read 1,067,356 times
...because women's basketball has too small an audience?
and "stolen" goods...?

Old 09-22-2021, 04:19 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,687 posts, read 81,455,155 times
With the high cost of licensing fees theses days, I suspect that team memorabilia manufacturers are going to stick mostly to the teams that have the most fans, just to maintain profits.

The Storm average 7,500 fans at home games, (using 2019 pre-covid data) which is higher than I would have guessed, but compare that to the:

Mariners: 22,122
Sounders: 40,247
Seahawks: 68,990

Even the Tacoma Rainiers AAA Baseball team averaged 5,108

I have never seen Seattle Seawolves (Rugby) team items for sale either, and they averaged 2,133 fans.

Old 09-23-2021, 03:59 AM

61 posts, read 40,151 times
Lol. The WNBA. El oh el.

That's almost as bad as being an MLS fan. Almost.

Old 09-24-2021, 12:58 PM

930 posts, read 334,984 times
I listen to a fair amount of sports talk while driving. They virtually never talk WNBA. Or soccer. They talk golf, which to me isn't even a sport, before WNBA or soccer.

I heard a sports talk guy say "the NFL keeps the lights on."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: