U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2008, 03:57 PM

4 posts, read 32,431 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm a rising college junoir, and today, I was offered an amazing internship in Seattle (not where I'm from nor where I go to school). Great!

But the problem now is that I need short-term (2 month) housing... and it has to be handicap (wheelchair) accessible, which makes things much more difficult. If I don't get housing, I can't take the internship and the internship site doesn't provide housing assistance.

I've looked at Craigslist/facebook but most of those places seem to be inaccessible (though I did send out a couple of inquiries), and [origanization for my disability] doesn't appear to have a chapter in Seattle.

Any advice or thoughts in general?

Thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 04:07 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,488,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by student_dreamer View Post
Hi,

I'm a rising college junoir, and today, I was offered an amazing internship in Seattle (not where I'm from nor where I go to school). Great!

But the problem now is that I need short-term (2 month) housing... and it has to be handicap (wheelchair) accessible, which makes things much more difficult. If I don't get housing, I can't take the internship and the internship site doesn't provide housing assistance.

I've looked at Craigslist/facebook but most of those places seem to be inaccessible (though I did send out a couple of inquiries), and [origanization for my disability] doesn't appear to have a chapter in Seattle.

Any advice or thoughts in general?

Thanks.
I work at a company here in Seattle and we have a lot of interns that come here. I have no idea of what your price range is, but do have e suggestion. Some interns here stay in a hotel / motel for the length of their internship, and for 2 months, that would be a feasible option if you can afford it. While you don't say what your particular disability is, the hotels/motels should be accessible to most people.

The problem with renting apartments for 2 months is most want to do a 3 or 6 month lease.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM

4 posts, read 32,431 times
Thanks for the reply! Do you by chance know what hotels/motels they have had good experiences before? (Feel free to message me privately).

Thanks.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:39 AM

90,352 posts, read 113,612,263 times
I'm assuming this is somewhat related to your college courses. Does your college have an internship office (may be called something very different) that could help you with your needs? Sometimes the alumni assn will have names of people who could possibly rent you a room in their house or give you some help in a strange city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>