Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:40 AM

439 posts, read 1,241,890 times

Advertisements

Now I was never a big fan of Seattle weather. That's not the main reason why I left. But some of you folks are just weather wimps. 70 is too cold? Come on now...LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 11:30 AM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
I really wanna exp summer in Seattle! Weve actually had a spring this year. A lot of rainy days and low temp sunny days. Yesterday was the warmest though the sun wasn't out, it was just plan muggy!

70 with sun today.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:55 AM

355 posts, read 990,414 times
I've totally enjoyed the last two weekends. I'm not in shorts yet either.....besides being still a little chilly for that.....my legs are the whitest I've seen them in years!!!! Yikes!

Anyway, I spent the past weekend with my daughter. She took me hiking up in Snohomish county.....out past Granite Falls....still don't know exactly where I am around here. But it was so nice to be walking through the forest....it was perfect weather for that. So pretty. Without the cold rain, I love it here.

Looking forward to more.....

Old 05-29-2008, 06:24 AM

5,054 posts, read 6,895,820 times
to all the Seattle weather bashers ... I agree! I would go mental in that climate, literally.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,595,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
I've totally enjoyed the last two weekends. I'm not in shorts yet either.....besides being still a little chilly for that.....my legs are the whitest I've seen them in years!!!! Yikes!

Anyway, I spent the past weekend with my daughter. She took me hiking up in Snohomish county.....out past Granite Falls....still don't know exactly where I am around here. But it was so nice to be walking through the forest....it was perfect weather for that. So pretty. Without the cold rain, I love it here.

Looking forward to more.....
It is supposed to be sunny starting tomorrow through the weekend, with highs near 70. Probably not as hot as you would like it, but you should be relatively comfortable.

Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM

576 posts, read 1,817,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoolbro View Post
Now I was never a big fan of Seattle weather. That's not the main reason why I left. But some of you folks are just weather wimps. 70 is too cold? Come on now...LOL.
Yeah, seriously... Hating the clouds is one thing, but Seattle is not that cold.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:22 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
70 is not cold you are correct - but it's still not shorts weather to me.

But you know what? I think (I had this ephinany last year) that I'm now hyper sensitive to cool weather.

I was at a sidewalk cafe in July in Sacramento, and it had large oak shade trees - so I'd say it was 70-ish, and then a cool breeze blew by and I went BRRRRRRRRR and was upset that my vacation away from Seattle was cold - I then realized I would have never b'tched before moving up to Seattle, and that I'm REALLY over-reacting and need to take a chill pill (no pun intended)

Old 05-29-2008, 02:09 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
70 is not cold you are correct - but it's still not shorts weather to me.

But you know what? I think (I had this ephinany last year) that I'm now hyper sensitive to cool weather.

I was at a sidewalk cafe in July in Sacramento, and it had large oak shade trees - so I'd say it was 70-ish, and then a cool breeze blew by and I went BRRRRRRRRR and was upset that my vacation away from Seattle was cold - I then realized I would have never b'tched before moving up to Seattle, and that I'm REALLY over-reacting and need to take a chill pill (no pun intended)
Yeah, the other thing to consider is that Seattle weather often follows a habit of staying very cool and cloudy all morning long and even into the early and mid afternoon, then FINALLY clearing up and warming up very late in the day as the nightly marine layer AT LAST burns away. Yesterday was just such an example. At my house near the airport it was quite cool with no sun until nearly 5 PM when the sun FINALLY burned off the clouds and it clawed it's way up to 68 or so in my back yard around 5:30 or so.

Most of the day however was MUCH cooler than that - hovering around the upper 50's for much of that time.

The daily high is only PART of the story. The rest of the story is knowing just how LONG it took to reach that daily high.

It's a very familiar story here in Seattle - especially this year and last year.

Ken

Old 05-29-2008, 02:13 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
You know what this forum needs? More threads about weather.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:16 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
You know what this forum needs? More threads about weather.
It's a big deal. There should be a weather sticky up there with the Freeze one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area