Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:07 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,595,919 times

Advertisements

The problem is that people that are content in a certain area are not as likely to seek out a message board like this to write glowing reviews. The people that can't stand living here, on the other hand, are very vocal about it. I have heard from some of them that it is therapeutic to vent about their miserable lives. I don't begrudge anyone for being unhappy in a new location, but sometimes the whining just goes overboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 01:13 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
The problem is that people that are content in a certain area are not as likely to seek out a message board like this to write glowing reviews. The people that can't stand living here, on the other hand, are very vocal about it. I have heard from some of them that it is therapeutic to vent about their miserable lives. I don't begrudge anyone for being unhappy in a new location, but sometimes the whining just goes overboard.
Pretty much. I was directed to this site last year to check out Dallas info, not to hate on Seattle. I didn't even check out the Seattle board at all until a few months after that. I think my sign up date is in Nov of last year, but I had been lurking since March or April. I guess I was sucked in at that point because I didn't feel the need to post anything about Seattle that whole time.

I don't think the whining goes overboard. If there's alot of whining about something, you should take that into account. I appreciate whining on the Texas boards as much as any of the other info.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:19 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
I find it interesting the whining on other boards

Each city has it's "thing" that is whined about, Seattle is Weather, Sacramento is housing, SO Cal it's the traffic/crime

One thing I've enjoyed lately (since I read a few national newspapers online) is the comment section. I have yet to enter into the conversations - but those people get brutal! Really tons of complaining and whining happening. But I find it SO informative.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:56 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,317,763 times
Seattle hot and humid???

Excuse me while I laugh my Atlanta arse off!

My god, man. Seattle has some of the best summers in the country (although it can be too cool at night at times)! You want to feel humidity then come here to Georgia! You want to fall-out, try jogging at mid-day in the middle of August here! Better yet, go to the Gulf Coast! There's just no way that it could be that oppressive in Seattle. Even when it's hot there, the air is relatively dry.

Don't ever move east of Denver! I will be laughing about this all day! I can't wait to tell my buddies here in Georgia!

Old 05-30-2008, 02:10 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,325 times
Agree 100%. Pretty laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Seattle hot and humid???

Old 05-30-2008, 09:08 PM

1,696 posts, read 5,190,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Yes, and in NYC in summer!!
The NE isn't as bad as the south. Georgia & Florida are just insane! Yes it can get 95 w/ 90% humidity in NYC, but it will break in a week or two. Down South it's like that for months at a time.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
I think the Arkansans have a valid claim for " most hot and humid in the summer."

Old 05-31-2008, 12:26 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Hot and humid feels different in different parts of the country. I grew up near Minneapolis, and area known for hot and humid summers. My wife and I went back for a visit a couple of years ago, it felt like home to me, not to hot and humid at all - it felt less humid than Seattle to me, my wife thought it was horribly muggy and thought it felt like swimming through the air. On paper just looking at the temp and humidity % Seattle and Minneapolis are similar much of the summer, but they really don't feel the same at all. I'd think Vancouver Wa would be pretty close to Seattle, but maybe the breeze up the Columbia makes it feel enough different to effect Aeroz.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:23 PM

355 posts, read 990,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I think the Arkansans have a valid claim for " most hot and humid in the summer."
Yes, I've been to Hot Springs in the middle of Aug. It was too hot and humid for me.....and I love hot and humid.....yikes. But, it's also very pretty there.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:18 PM

33 posts, read 89,225 times
The humidity here is pretty nice!

I like humid days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area