Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 01:50 AM

339 posts, read 707,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Seattle has some of the most boring weather in the country. Whenever I visit, I just assume that it's going to be between 40-70 degrees and partly to mostly cloudy, no matter what time of the year it is. Most other places get a lot more yearly temperature variation, as well as exciting storms/tornados/hurricanes/etc.
What I'm saying is: why is the weather such a hot topic on here, when its decidedly the most boring part of Seattle?
Because it sucks so bad. Is that simple enough of an answer for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2008, 12:37 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
Quote:
Austin, TX
June 2008
Sunny - 2
Partly cloudy - 11

Your city has very "depressing" weather . As you say only 2 sunny and 11 depressing partly cloudy days in June
It's not fair when people say "Miami gets 250 sunny days a year" (75 sunny+175 partly cloudy=250 sunny and 115 cloudy). Or Austin - "Austin gets 230 sunny days a year" (116 sunny+114 partly cloudy = 230 sunny and 135 cloudy). But when they talk about Seattle they say. "Seattle gets almost 300 cloudy days a year" (only 71 sunny and 93 partly cloudy+201 cloudy = 294 cloudy). Just saying
Good god WHAT are you "just saying"???

Where are you getting this information that Austin has only had 2 sunny days this June? We are actually having record heat and everyone knows about Texas's wide open skies. Not a single cloud right now. Seriously get OFF of these weather charts that you live your life by and GET OUTSIDE!!

You are obsessed with partly this and partly that and the semantics of it all. And you are pretty obviously obsessed with me. ENJOY YOUR WEATHER if you love it, get out and live in it and call it whatever you want!! I am LOVING my hot hot hot and sunny summer. I have already been out by the pool today... what have you been doing besides pouring over weather charts and websites?? I don't really care what some weather cam "somewhere" is classifying the weather.

It's common knowledge. This is Texas. Sunny, hot summers. That is Seattle. 50-60 in June and chance of rain, with overcast. My mom is there visting RIGHT NOW and everyday that I have talked to her she has commented on the rain, chilly and clouds while what I told her was, "Welp, it's been sunny and hot here."

Deal with it, accept it.

Old 06-15-2008, 10:00 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,850,813 times
Well, I'm in Phoenix right now, and even though it's been 100+ for the last 4 days. It's been awesome. We've been outside walking, been in the pool, just soaking up the sun. When we used to visit from CA, my husband and I weren't thrilled about it. Now, we both agree if it was between WA or AZ, AZ would win hands down. I can't tell you how awesome clear skies and sun have been. I don't like to be hot, but I haven't found the heat to be bad at all.

This was Friday:

My son is going to cry when we leave tomorrow and he has to put on 3 layers again. It's been so nice to see his little chunky legs.

V. =)

Old 06-15-2008, 11:37 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,325 times
Sorry - today, anyway, Seattle won hands down. Sunny and a pleasant 72 beats 110 blistering degrees for most. Extreme Heat Warning in Phoenix this weekend from the weather service.

Cute pic, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
Well, I'm in Phoenix right now, and even though it's been 100+ for the last 4 days. It's been awesome. We've been outside walking, been in the pool, just soaking up the sun.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:01 AM

231 posts, read 587,306 times
Depends on your agenda. I am a huge powerboater and 72 in Seattle still doesnt cut it when you are on the water. When motorcycle riding, golfing, walking or just about anything else I would agree!! Today in Vegas it was 106 degrees and I spent the bulk of the day with my daughter (hey, its fathers day!) swimming in the pool and had a blast...I love the heat (seriously)!!!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:11 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
VeronikaW -

What a GREAT picture!.

Regarding yesterday - Yes is WAS a nice day, but you know, my back yard near Seatac is shaded and with the afternoon breeze we were having we still found it a bit chilly to be sitting outside reading - and while 106 is a bit too high for my liking (GREAT for swimming though) I'm very much looking forward to the 98 - with 12% humidity and nice breezes - our land had down there yesterday, and even more so to the 92 degree average this time of year.

Ken

Old 06-16-2008, 08:30 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,058,896 times
Looks like the high today in Seattle is 70! If it's sunny - that's not bad, bet it's beautiful. Saw the low is 50, so that's a damper though. Anyway, congrats - maybe summer is finally here for you all!

Victoria - love that pic!!

Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 AM

355 posts, read 990,414 times
Veronica....how cute....nothing cuter than pudgy baby cheeks and little chunky legs. All of mine were water babies, too. Now my little guys with the chunky legs and little block feet are over 6' tall!

You have so many years of fun ahead with your little guy. Enjoy.

We finally had some sun this weekend....but still a bit chilly.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:05 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
Veroinka - SO CUTE - I wish my little girl would like the pool but man even on fathers day she was scared of the water (maybe it was too many kids?)

http://tinyurl.com/558c2k (broken link)

Old 06-16-2008, 11:36 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,595,919 times
My son has been taking swim lessons since he was 6 months old. It's hard to pry him out of the pool when it is time to leave. I highly recommend this program if your child is scared of swimming: Welcome to Waterbabies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area