Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2008, 12:37 PM

10 posts, read 43,147 times

Advertisements

How are your allergies up in WA? Mine are a nightmare down here in Dallas especially during these hot, dry days when everything is blooming and making pollen all over the place. Since it's dry, all that crap blows around and makes it miserable almost all the time. I would think that the damper air up there would keep the particulates out of the air more so than when the air is drier...is that true? http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/kattofix/smilies/sneezing.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 12:57 PM

343 posts, read 1,084,796 times
Well, I have a pollen allergy, and so far this summer, I've had one or two miserable days where I couldn't breathe or stop sneezing. Besides that, It's been pretty good.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:05 PM

854 posts, read 4,140,256 times
Kimmie, my allergies so far a little better up here, but I wasn't able to get off the daily claritan. They're still very much around, especially since the windows are open all the time. But when I did try getting off claritan, I found that I wasn't anywhere NEAR as miserable as Dallas without it. Certainly here I could still function without it, I just sneezed a lot, and had a harder time with my contacts. In Dallas, no claritan = no driving, bad breathing, etc. Life AFTER non-drowsy antihistamines is so much better!

I understand that people generally get a one-or-two year pass when you move somewhere new, though, if the allergens are different enough from where you come from. So, I would not be surprised if mine picked back up in 2009 or 2010.

You may find the same effect -- may have improvement for a year, then BAM be back in allergy hell -- you just won't know for a year!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:35 PM

576 posts, read 1,818,089 times
I used to be allergic to flowers up here. It took many, many years (i.e. about 17) until I got over the allergy.

Still allergic to cats, and to an extent, dust though.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 PM

10 posts, read 43,147 times
Oh well....thank god for Zyrtec and Benadryl!

Old 07-26-2008, 12:10 AM

1,930 posts, read 6,533,320 times
We moved here from Austin (Allergy Capital of the US last year) in July 2007. My husband and children no longer suffer from allergies at all and my husband was M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E in Austin. I stiff suffer from the same mold allergy I had in Austin but as a whole we are considerably better. Seattle was ranked #100 on the list that Austin was ranked #1 on. I think that was put out by the Allergy Council.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area