Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 11:04 PM

2,153 posts, read 2,936,655 times

Advertisements

On komo news there was a story that this Sunday a krispy kreme employee approached a fentenyal user who had been im their restroom for 2 hour smoking fentayql. The krispy kreme employee asked the drug user to leave the store. Rather than cooperating with the krispy kreme employee the drug user threatened the krispy kreme employee with a weapon!!

This is very scary!!

On komo news the 125th street grill across the street from krispy kreme is going out of bussiness because the owners customers feel unsafe there.

News like this is getting old and tiring.

The qfc on northgate way and roosevelt way has had 3 shootings during daylight hours in the qfc parking lot.

The qfc northgate is the closest grocery store to my apartment but I stopped going to that qfc as I worry about my safety.

Also on the news a week or 2 ago the beechers cheese cafe and store at pikes place market was robbed during daylight hours.

This is the 3rd time beechers has been broken into in the past 6 months.

Something in the city of seattle needs to be done to male the city a safer place for residents, visitors and businesses.

At the current situation the city of seattle is on its way to becoming the next oakland,california or San Francisco,California. Oakland and San Francisco are unsafe these days.

Two weeks ago my friend went to see a movie at amc oak tree on aurora. He went on a Sunday afternoon. When he get back to the parking lot his car was stolen.

It's scary out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2024, 12:27 AM

7,544 posts, read 17,284,234 times
Some parts of North Seattle have heavier crime rates than others. Certainly anything around Aurora north of Greenlake, and especially north of Washelli, up to Shoreline is going to be at least somewhat dicey.

Seattle is just a city. All kinds of things happen in cities, all over the world. Yes, some crimes (especially homicides) are way up in our city recently. Yes, we need better controls on street disorder and drugs. But you also have to use some common sense and live in an area that fits your risk profile. It sounds like you prefer very low risk, which to me says you should try living further out, Mountlake Terrace, Lake Forest Park, Kenwood, Bothell, Woodinville.

Old 02-20-2024, 11:36 AM

8,910 posts, read 6,938,091 times
We're still a low-murder city. The murder rate was high last year, but was only 2/3 the 1980s peak (similar total, but we're 50% more populated). There's more street disorder however. We need to crack down on it.

The OP sure posts a lot about not liking Seattle. Probably time to go.

Old 02-20-2024, 11:44 AM

102,269 posts, read 108,310,604 times
Two posts in two days about crime in north Seattle, decrying the city in general. I'm thinking of asking the mod to combine these repetitive topics into one thread.

OP, maybe you should move to some placid mid-western city, or upper mid-west. If you move to Lynnwood, you won't be able to afford it for long. What about that condo option your mother offered you? Have you priced condos in the northern suburbs? Have you done anything at all to improve your situation? If not, why not?

We don't need any more crime bulletins about Seattle, thanks.

Old 02-20-2024, 12:13 PM

1,888 posts, read 840,786 times
annonymous, just head up to Edmonds & wander around, I think you would like the vibe there & feel safer. All the signs are pointing that your neighborhood has changed & you need to move elsewhere.

Old 02-20-2024, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Two posts in two days about crime in north Seattle, decrying the city in general. I'm thinking of asking the mod to combine these repetitive topics into one thread.

OP, maybe you should move to some placid mid-western city, or upper mid-west. If you move to Lynnwood, you won't be able to afford it for long. What about that condo option your mother offered you? Have you priced condos in the northern suburbs? Have you done anything at all to improve your situation? If not, why not?

We don't need any more crime bulletins about Seattle, thanks.
Sorry ruth4truth about complaining about seattle crime.

Old 02-20-2024, 06:06 PM

1,888 posts, read 840,786 times
I'm frustrated that you complain about your surroundings. suggestions are made & I guess you don't read them, or even thank anyone, at least that's what happens with my comments. That is very rude & dismissive.

If a neighborhood doesn't work for you, find another neighborhood. That's my last comment to you, doubt you'll notice.

Old 02-20-2024, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
I'm frustrated that you complain about your surroundings. suggestions are made & I guess you don't read them, or even thank anyone, at least that's what happens with my comments. That is very rude & dismissive.

If a neighborhood doesn't work for you, find another neighborhood. That's my last comment to you, doubt you'll notice.
If I find a place I like to move to in August 2024 I will move.

Old 02-20-2024, 06:15 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,981,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
If I find a place I like to move to in August 2024 I will move.

What about Omaha NE? I hear its clean conservative and all 4 seasons without the mind numbing rain. As much as I detest winter I have given thought to the place Another plus is 4 sides not bounded by water which helps with traffic

Old 02-20-2024, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
What about Omaha NE? I hear its clean conservative and all 4 seasons without the mind numbing rain. As much as I detest winter I have given thought to the place Another plus is 4 sides not bounded by water which helps with traffic
I hope to stay in King County or snohomish County
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area