Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,052,940 times

Advertisements

Yet another study has ranked Seattle in the top ten cities for worst congestion.

Seattle traffic rated 9th worst for congestion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 04:06 PM

215 posts, read 877,666 times
Well what do you expect when you have a bunch of do-nothing government employees who bicker for decades about light rail and viaducts and don't actually DO anything to ADD LANES TO THE FREEWAYS!!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 04:17 PM

1,169 posts, read 5,266,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Waffle View Post
Well what do you expect when you have a bunch of do-nothing government employees who bicker for decades about light rail and viaducts and don't actually DO anything to ADD LANES TO THE FREEWAYS!!!!
You don't understand, the power-hungry politicians are not interested in making your commute easier. They want your commute to be hell. Then you'll vote for their useless light rail initiatives and their union backers will get more jobs.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Waffle View Post
I should probably make it clear that I am not complaining about traffic here...

Old 06-17-2008, 05:09 PM

56 posts, read 203,959 times
I think it's great. I'm going from the #1 spot to the #9 spot for traffic. Sounds great to me.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:58 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times
But... think of all that ambiance you can soak in while you wait.....

http://www.nimret.org/st/images/traffic.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-17-2008 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: copyright issues?

Old 06-17-2008, 07:20 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,059,550 times
Quote:
I should probably make it clear that I am not complaining about traffic here...
So you think being on this particular top 10 list is a positive for the area??

Old 06-17-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
So you think being on this particular top 10 list is a positive for the area??
No, I don't think it is positive, I'm just not complaining...simple as that. Complaining about it isn't going to change anything...

Old 06-29-2012, 07:30 AM

84 posts, read 170,627 times
I'm moving to Seattle in August. I've looked at the traffic cameras two or three times a week for almost 6 months and have not seen ANYTHING that compares to D.C. traffic. And yes, I've been accommodating for the time difference, so between 9 and 12 I'm looking at the cameras in Seattle. So I'm not sure if the cameras are just deceptive or if the traffic really isn't as bad as everyone says.

Virginia 511 Web

This is below average in terms of congestion. And that's not even IN D.C. That's just trying to GET to D.C. When school is out my commute is about 10 minutes shorter (I drive a whole 15 miles to work). But when school comes back, I have to leave at 530 in the morning to get to work by 7 (though I don't start until 830). If I leave any later than 6 when school is in, I won't get to work on time. For those of you that work 15 miles away from a job in Seattle, how long is your commute when school is out and when it's in? Just need a comparison. The other thing that amazes me around here, is that if it's bright and sunny traffic is worse, but if it's pouring rain, it's not that bad. Maybe because people leave earlier to beat out the traffic caused by the rain, I'm not sure. Don't ever drive around here if it snows though. I'm originally from Detroit. People in Detroit know how to handle snow, here people still drive 70 after three inches have fallen frozen overnight and wonder why they flip their car over.

Old 06-29-2012, 07:57 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,474,724 times
Seattle's is the worst I've experienced. But people have alternatives they refuse to use. SO, if all people want to do is complain, who is to deny them that pleasure. Last time I visited there, I did all my driving late at night and in the middle of the day. I wanted to ride the train in from Everett, but the park and ride lots were full. I didn't investigate the parking ramps up I-5. I guess before I'd depend on that, I'd make sure the service didn't limit me to rush hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area