Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 AM

56 posts, read 203,950 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Bellevue in 2 weeks and I am currently looking for gym's in my area. I will be living in the SE part of Bellevue. I saw that there is a Bally Fitness 2 miles away from where I will be living. However, all of the reviews that I have read on this place are saying that the place is run down and the equipment is horrible.

BUT - the last reviews that I have found were posted in 2005. Does anyone have any experience with this Bally Fitness? OR, can anyone offer any suggestions of other gyms to join in the SE area of Bellevue that are reasonably priced?

Thank you for the help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 12:33 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
I'm a Bally's member, and have used the Bellevue facilities. It has it's pluses and minuses. The equipment is fine, it has a nice pool and sauna, and it's a pretty big facility. It's friendly and not hard sell.
The minuses?
The men's locker room has an odor that is indescribable...old sweat that just permeates...
The place gets crowded at times, and sometimes you have to wait to use the elliptical trainer machines...
The Seahawks cheerleaders have their practices there...
All in all, I like Bally's. It's less expensive than other gyms, and there's less slim young people showing off their fit bodies than at other gyms. I'm pretty sure they'll give you at least a free few days to check it out.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:04 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
We do the YMCA in Issaquah. It's cheap. You won't meet any singles there - much. But if you want exercise, it has a basketball court, swimming pool and gym equipment. My wife and two kids are on the plan and it's 49 bucks a month. (I can't remember how much it was with me, since I terminated mine when I came over here.)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ymca+bellevue

Old 06-22-2008, 04:45 PM

56 posts, read 203,950 times
Thank you for the info. I already have a bally's membership. Well, it's expired, but I have a letter in the mail to renew for cheaper than anywhere else in Bellevue.

I just wanted to know if it's as bad as people say it is. I'm sure every place has it's goods and bads, but these reviews were very bad.

If it is just the stench from the locker rooms I can handle that. I usually come in my workout clothes and usually shower back at home.

Does the bally's have rusty/bad equipment. That is really my main concern, the quality and quantity of equipment.

Thanks.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:07 PM

395 posts, read 1,363,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djpuma View Post
Thank you for the info. I already have a bally's membership. Well, it's expired, but I have a letter in the mail to renew for cheaper than anywhere else in Bellevue.

I just wanted to know if it's as bad as people say it is. I'm sure every place has it's goods and bads, but these reviews were very bad.

If it is just the stench from the locker rooms I can handle that. I usually come in my workout clothes and usually shower back at home.

Does the bally's have rusty/bad equipment. That is really my main concern, the quality and quantity of equipment.

Thanks.
The equipment is 90% new..(when I say new I mean they bought all new stuff a year or two ago, at least that is what the regional manager told me).
Everyone is very friendly. The only minus of the place is it can be crowded sometimes. I don't think you will be too disappointed though.

Last edited by TaJasMi; 06-22-2008 at 05:15 PM..

Old 06-22-2008, 06:50 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
There is no rusted equipment at the Bellevue Bally's. Go at off hours if you can for smaller crowds. The 4-7 PM time there is often very crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area