Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 12:23 AM

3 posts, read 7,540 times

Advertisements

Hello, first off thanks to everyone because I've already gotten a ton of useful info from this site!

I'll be working at Harborview and UW Medical Center from August - October. I'm looking at places in Capitol Hill and First Hill. I won't have a car and will be walking and taking buses. Both neighborhoods seem doable as far as public transportation goes, or am I mistaken? I've been using the trip planner on the KC Metro website and it seems doable.

All other things being equal, it seems that Capitol Hill is more residential and First Hill has more of a downtown feel to it. Does that sound right? Re: myself, I'm a single 31 y.o. male from NYC, and am interested in seeing as much of Seattle as I can in the three months I'll be there so I was leaning towards First Hill (Belltown Inn or Vermont Inn, if anyone is familiar with these.)

Any advice is appreciated, you guys are great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 12:53 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,328,182 times
Capitol Hill is a much larger area physically than First Hill. It's residential, but also has a lot of businesses. It has single family houses, but also apartment buildings.
First Hill has a lot of older apartment buildings, and both neighborhoods have a big medical presence. First Hill has Swedish Hospital and Harborview, Capitol Hill has Group Health Hospital, and Providence( Swedish Cherry Hill) is in the Central District practically on First Hill.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:56 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,328,182 times
Oh, and both the Vermont Inn and the Belltown Inn are not on First Hill, they're downtown/Belltown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: