Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 01:40 PM

13 posts, read 32,003 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I just moved to the area last Tuesday (Sammamish) and was lucky to be met a day later with a blocked toilet that is clogged farther down than a plunge or snake can fix. Yay, what fun! Anyhoo, I was hoping some of the locals would be able to recommend a reliable, licensed and insured plumber that they have worked with before and that has reasonable rates.

Any help is muchly appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 02:18 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,107,915 times
Roto Rooter is always reliable and efficient. They're in Bellevue. (425) 454-6700
In your situation, they would be my first call because of the assumption they would get the job done, and safely.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:45 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,838,455 times
Amazon.com: G T Water #VIP-1 1"-2" Drain King Kit: Home Improvement

I'm trying to find a link for the can of compressed air that you put on your drain that either

A. Blows the pipes apart

or

B. Blows gunk out of every other drain in the house when it works.

Can't remember what it is called, though. It's hilarious.

I take it....if you've used a snake....then you've already removed the toilet from the floor...and yeah...if you can't snake it then, it's time to call a professional.

GO GO ROTO ROOTER!!!

Old 07-14-2008, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the advice. I did call them and had a guy come out, but he went through everything far too quickly and shoved a form in front of me to sign for $400. I didn't feel at ease at all. I called Rooter Man after he left and was met by a very friendly voice on the phone, some good advice that made me feel at ease and the repair man (Rob, who is also the owner of the local branch) was very thorough and even pointed out water damage that I was not aware of, so I am having that taken care of as we speak.

It could have just been the one guy at Roter Rooter who rubbed me the wrong way, but I think I made a good decision going with Rooter Man and I would recommend them again.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Amazon.com: G T Water #VIP-1 1"-2" Drain King Kit: Home Improvement

I'm trying to find a link for the can of compressed air that you put on your drain that either

A. Blows the pipes apart

or

B. Blows gunk out of every other drain in the house when it works.

Can't remember what it is called, though. It's hilarious.

I take it....if you've used a snake....then you've already removed the toilet from the floor...and yeah...if you can't snake it then, it's time to call a professional.

GO GO ROTO ROOTER!!!
Yeeaaah, we did find one of those pressurized drain openers that I think in a different situation would have worked. The clog was too far down the pipe for anything, other than a big ass plumber machine, could reach. Whatever those are called.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:27 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,845,745 times
Default Stop Freakin' - Don't Call Beacon

One heavily advertised outfit is being investigated for personnel and other reasons.

State opens investigation into Beacon Plumbing | KING5.com (http://www.king5.com/localnews/investigators/stories/NW_070708INV_beacon_plumbing_folo_TP.324b4251.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area