Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 02:29 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,144,323 times

Advertisements

September is usually gorgeous, sometimes even sunnier than August

Old 08-29-2008, 06:51 PM

576 posts, read 1,819,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
My guess is that we have a spectacular September. This past couple weeks has been bizarre - more than 3x the normal rainfal for August and well below average temperatures for 10 straight days. And all preceded by blistering heat.
It appears one must analyze the week or two after a heat wave (or unseasonably warm day) to see that we crash off of them.

April 12 it was sunny and almost 80, very warm for that time of the year. By next weekend, it was SNOWING. Latest snow in recorded history, in fact.

The heat waves in May lead to Juneuary for the first half of the month, that was classic. The year before was pretty much the same story; heat wave from about May 29-June 3 and then weeks of clouds/rain.

Now the heat wave in August has brought us Fall-esque weather after it.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:31 PM

300 posts, read 1,211,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tada View Post
It appears one must analyze the week or two after a heat wave (or unseasonably warm day) to see that we crash off of them.

April 12 it was sunny and almost 80, very warm for that time of the year. By next weekend, it was SNOWING. Latest snow in recorded history, in fact.

The heat waves in May lead to Juneuary for the first half of the month, that was classic. The year before was pretty much the same story; heat wave from about May 29-June 3 and then weeks of clouds/rain.

Now the heat wave in August has brought us Fall-esque weather after it.
What happened to you? Can't you simply enjoy the little (as you so regularly put it) nice weather here while it lasts?

Think positive.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:32 PM

3,341 posts, read 5,564,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian97 View Post
What happened to you? Can't you simply enjoy the little (as you so regularly put it) nice weather here while it lasts?

Think positive.
actually that post was spot on.

We had the same odd weather last April too. On the 12th, it got up to 77 where I live. I think that was the first 70 degree day of the year. On the 19th, it was snowing. But it wasn't that cold...

Old 09-03-2008, 01:18 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian97 View Post

Think positively.
HEAR! HEAR! Life is supposed to be fun! -- you're supposed to feel good.
And that feeling is entirely your own choice, your own making.

Savor more; fix less.
Praise more; complain less.
Laugh more; cry and whine less.
Anticipate positively more; anticipate negatively less.

Nothing is more important than that you feel good.

Just practice those choices and watch what happens!

Old 09-03-2008, 03:46 PM

277 posts, read 1,299,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
HEAR! HEAR!
Savor more; fix less.
Praise more; complain less.
Laugh more; cry and whine less.

Drink more; care less.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Just practice those choices and watch what happens!
I have. It simply disappoints you when you realize that life isn't all sunshine and farts. With low expectations, there's no where to go but up.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tada View Post

With low expectations, there's no where to go but up.
But you'll notice that posters who proclaim they have low expectations don't "go up", are constantly complaining about all sorts of things, and are constantly expressing unhappiness, pessimism, boredom, ennui, anger. So their low expectations keep them living a low level of life, emotionally, intellectually, spiritually and, interestingly, financially, sexually, etc. And either they assume things will always be crummy, or they assume that at some time in the future their crummy present will somehow become fabulous. Never happens: low expectations create a low level of happiness.

What we focus on expands... always.

What we expect, we get... always. What we believe, we bring to ourselves... always. What we assume, we beckon... always.
Choosing optimism -- deliberately choosing, every day, every hour, even better every minute -- brings happy experiences. It's just that simple, because we are the ones who control the quality of our own experiences, not any forces outside of ourselves.

What we choose to be is what we attract to us...

Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 AM

One time I was going to see my cousins. I thought it was going to be awesome, since I often had fun with them in the past. But wow, by the end I could not wait to leave. I had drifted so far apart from them. Or them from me. Still, I went in expecting it was going to be fun, but came out disappointed. I couldn't choose to enjoy it if I tried.

It's things like that. I've also had things go the other way. Like, I'll walk out of a test thinking "Man, I bombed that". Then I get it back and I'm happy that I did way better than I expected.

There are also times when being overconfident is plain bad. Like, say, playing poker. The moment you let your guard down...

The bottom line: I love the expression "Don't count your chickens before they hatch". A good number of people must believe it if it caught on.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:33 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,144,323 times
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3505/61962491xq7.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area