Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:57 AM

4 posts, read 11,117 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I am hoping someone intelligent will respond to this ad hence, the reason for posting my question on the net. I guess I just want an honest answer from someone who does not know me, so that the answer may be true and I just might take their advice.

I am a well traveled young women originally from California however, I just spent a year in the beautiful mountains of Colorado and spent some time out in the woods and on the Eastern coast of Connecticut. I have a job interview set up in Miami and I have found a few places to rent, I will be going without my car.

Then, there is my friend in Seattle who is willing to have me start out with her, get to know the City and look for jobs out there. It's kind of exciting to think of being so close to BC but, on the other hand I'm dreaming of Spanish men, and warm beaches............Help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Seattle and Miami are the opposite of one another. If they ever came in contact, they'd explode.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:23 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,098,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Seattle and Miami are the opposite of one another. If they ever came in contact, they'd explode.
Perfect description, I think, having spent serious time in both places.
Comparing Seattle and Miami is comparing apples and railroad ties -- absolutely nothing in common.

-- If "Spanish men" send your heart pitter-pattering, go to Miami.
-- There's no such thing as "warm beaches" here in the Seattle area for more than a few days a year if you think 70-degree air and 55-degree water are "warm".
-- Being near B.C. here is useful only on weekends when the weather makes going there viable, and of course the falling value of the U.S. dollar makes Canada increasingly expensive.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:23 PM

576 posts, read 1,817,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I'd love to see that happen. It would be insanely cool-looking to see two entire cities spontaneously combust, *and* it would be a fresh chance to rebuild Seattle with better public transportation.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:28 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
I am from Calif

I live in Seattle

I am RIGHT NOW in Florida

We are moving out of Seattle!!! Ask yourself - how important is seeing the sun and feeling drizzle 9 or ten months a year.

If I could I'd stay in Florida, but we'll be moving to Calif because of family there.

I'm definitely going to retire to The South (I'm 35)

Old 10-04-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl72 View Post
We are moving out of Seattle!!! Ask yourself - how important is seeing the sun and feeling drizzle 9 or ten months a year.
Even then, you won't really know if it will affect you until you've actually experienced it.

Some people think Seattle's weather is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I think they're nuts.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:12 PM

4 posts, read 11,117 times
Wow.....thanks for all the responses. It looks like Miami might be the one!

Old 10-04-2008, 05:31 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,753,241 times
It might rain in Seattle but the trees sure grow big!

Old 10-04-2008, 07:08 PM

And so do the number of people on anti-depressents.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:02 PM

355 posts, read 990,414 times
Well, I can help a little here since I have lived in both Seattle and South FL...north of Miami. If I had my choice right now, after one year in Seattle, I'd be back in South FL in a heartbeat. I love the weather and I love the vibe down there.

These are two very different cities...if you like Latin men and warm beautiful beaches you better go to Miami. If you prefer mountains and more reserved people then I would say Seattle.

Seattle is nice but I prefer Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: