Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:14 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,739,992 times

Advertisements

Quality (in relation to home construction) is a reference to how expensive the interior finishes are, and to a lesser degree, some of the construction methods (insulation, building materials, and the such).

Higher quality construction costs more because they use more expensive materials and the home is finished more lavish. So the more expensive homes are usually higher quality by default.

Whether the house is built ok or not isn't an issue of quality but an issue of construction defects. No house - no matter how low the quality level is - should have the toilet fall through the floor or other defects in construction. A shoddy builder can have defects in a low-quality house (i.e., Polygon) just as easily as a high-quality house (i.e., one with a bowling alley.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,184 times
I was planning to buy Polygon homes, but after reading this post I became a little bit scared. is there anyone here can give me more info about Poygon homes reputations.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:38 AM

12 posts, read 38,518 times
Default I got a Belmark home - OK so far.

I just bought a Belmark home in Bothell. It's still under construction but will be complete in a few weeks. I chose them because they have good value for money - the price is reasonable and it doesn't feel like they cut corners too much to get that price.

So far it looks like they are doing a really good job with the construction. My dad builds houses and is pretty impressed with the work they are doing and the materials they use.
They have also been pretty flexible with allowing us to make changes to the plans and trim levels. (The trim level they selected for the neighborhood seems appropriate for the target market - all houses come with granite kitchens by default, but you get linoleum for upstairs bathroom floors. You can negotiate or pay for upgrades. Otherwise the various trims and fixtures look pretty decent. )

Also, the neighborhood has a nice consistent look.

Belmark appears to be a smaller scale builder, but maybe that means they try that much harder...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area