Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 12:12 AM

32 posts, read 37,348 times

Advertisements

The traffic in Bothell can be horrid. Thankfully we always travel north or west. And if we travel east we do it at a certain time of the day and hit up highway 9.
If you work on the east side, I feel bad for you. Took me about 1 hour to get to Redmond on time. I was going to be late for my project and hopped onto the toll lane. Sucks!
If you work on the eastside live in Kirkland, Bellevue, issaquah, etc. sacrifice a big nice house for something else. It'll save you time, gas, money and headaches.
I love Bothell. When we moved here, we knew that we wouldn't be traveling east unless it's for recreational. Love this place and will stay here for a very long time unless husband wants to move to Bellevue. Ha! ��
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 08:19 AM

39 posts, read 38,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North2r View Post
I live in Bothell for 30 years now. They moved my mail out to mill creek, if I ever have a package it's a long traffic filled drive.
Took me three years to get the voters registration people to put a box to drop our ballots in, we were driving them out to Everett or snohomish or monore. Being in the South of Snohomish county makes us somewhat invisible. I got a speeding ticket on 228th about 10 years ago and the Snohomish country judge insisted I wasn't part of his county. HA all charges dropped.
Bothell has not grown in a lovely way, it's not sure of what it wants to be. Is it rural? NOT any longer. At a meeting last spring we were told they want to develop all the rural areas, they are really money bent. So if you want houses really close together, no yards and parks so crowded you could scream feel free to live in Bothell. None of my 5 children can afford to live here. Traffic has become so bad I can't wait to retire and move out of here! My home no longer. It's not the Bothell we loved and felt community in. Too many people living too close and too much shopping just like the shopping a mile away. BORING!
I'm moving from California to Bothell on Monday. Although I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on the city, I can't help but feel that these issues exist in every city within 60 miles of Seattle. Trust me, I spent dozens of hours researching cities and trying to find a decent place to call my first home in Washington. However, everywhere I look there's great negativity about traffic and property prices.

So, while your concerns are completely valid, they're more pointed at the Greater Seattle area, rather than this particular city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area