Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM

269 posts, read 1,242,043 times

Advertisements

I am just about certain the UW housing policies do not allow pets. You could get away with fish, I suspect, but nothing more.

No idea about apartment prices ... it's been 20 years since I last looked into apartments here, so your research is more valid than my memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 09:44 PM

161 posts, read 559,279 times
I like Ravenna,Maple leaf,Northgate. Not close to the UW,but close enough. Those are just my personal picks,but check out Fremont,Ballard, or even Freelard!(joke)Phinney Ridge is nice too.

Good luck

Old 12-04-2008, 12:07 AM

479 posts, read 2,220,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1313 View Post
Do the campus apartments allow pets? I have two cats. Also, I'm a non-traditional student and I don't want to end up in a dorm. I've lived on my own too long.

Well, right now I'm in a one-bedroom for $385, but I realize there's no chance of finding anything that cheap in Seattle. (Heck, even for Spokane this one is cheap.) It's hard to say what price range would be best without knowing what job I can pick up over there and how much financial aid I can swing. Looking at Craigslist, I guess $900 is pretty standard for a one-bedroom?
Radford Court does allow pets. Radford Court seems to be a mix of grad students, families and visiting faculty and also open to the public. It is the more expensive option in terms of living on campus but it is nice and new and convienient. Radford Court (http://www.radfordcourt.com/join.htm - broken link)

Old 12-14-2008, 01:47 AM

18 posts, read 57,403 times
We pay $800 a month for a brand new oversized condo with a private gym and pool which are also impeccable. The catch is we live 20 min north of the University in South Everett. Much quieter out here, and anytime I need the U-district action I jump on I-5. Disclaimer, I've lived in the U and nearby Ravenna and wouldn't trade for the noise or small/old apartments anytime. Surely others would disagree that you HAVE TO LIVE on campus, especially if you have 9am classes - which I don't!

Old 01-05-2009, 03:30 PM

21 posts, read 54,472 times
Thanks for the advice, guys.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:02 PM

64 posts, read 248,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1313 View Post
Hi guys, I'm planning to attend University of Washington in two years
Is the Bothell Campus an option for you?

Old 01-05-2009, 08:56 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,298 posts, read 14,134,421 times
A lot depends on whether you like parties and loud music at night, or despise them. If you don't like them, don't move into the U-district unless the apartment says very specifically that it's quiet - and even then you should go by there on a friday or saturday night to make sure.

If you can handle the cost of a one-bedroom, go for it. If not, studios work for most people. If that's too costly, you can get a private room in a shared apartment - that's a step up from a dorm, and sometimes it works out. That's what I did in college. It was a definite relief after having a roommate in a dorm.

At this time financial aid should be enough for a studio if you are thrifty. That doesn't necessarily mean that financial aid will be as abundant two years from now, given the deteriorating economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area