Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 09:12 PM

339 posts, read 707,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tada View Post
Yay for the second amendment. [/sarcasm]
Yeah...gang bangers/hardcore criminals would draw the line if guns were completely illegal. That's an excellent point! We can send them memos after making them illegal, and they will stop.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:41 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Those damn rights getting in the way again. To bad you can't just allow the ones YOU believe in, right?

It's just to bad it's not illegal for these teenage gang bangers to carry guns and go around shooting people, that would take care of it if only someone would just pass a law! Oh wait...

Old 11-24-2008, 11:15 PM

576 posts, read 1,818,471 times
Man, I make the stupidest posts when I'm in boring lectures (and barely awake). I was thinking that gun stores were the only places you could get guns...

I find it strange that people think people are more peaceful on drugs though, when drugs probably caused this and 90% of inmates test positive for some kind of drug.

As for the Bill of Rights... it just doesn't seem to mean anything anymore. Especially since the un-Patriot Act.

Old 11-25-2008, 08:04 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,843,403 times
The Southcenter story got most of the headlines (understandably), but there were other gang-related shootings during the weekend.

I like the idea that I saw on the news, about having a police substation at the mall itself, like one of the other malls has (maybe the one in Federal Way?).

Old 11-26-2008, 04:00 AM

10 posts, read 39,559 times
Quote:
I respect the first so you should do me the same courtesy and respect the second.

Don't confuse some thug with a gun and those of us who legally own firearms.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:57 PM

576 posts, read 1,818,471 times
Suspect in mall shooting arrested (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/389589_arrest27.html?source=mypi - broken link)

It was gang related.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:42 PM

263 posts, read 1,079,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeronikaW View Post
1 dead, 1 injured in Southcenter Mall shooting | Top Stories | KING5.com | News for Seattle, Washington (http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_112208WAB_southcenter_mall_KS.1db6b4bff.html - broken link)

I know there was a shooting there either earlier this year or last year, and I avoided that mall for a long time afterward. I was really starting to like that mall, since they finished the remodel, but another shooting so soon, means I will never risk taking my children there again.

V.

That mall is ghetto. Go to bellevue mall. I never felt safe in that tukwilla mall....tukwilla, burien, whitecenter, etc are all death traps in Seattle metro. I was there once and someone got mugged or raped or something in the bathrooms....punk a$$ big mouths jiving through the mall like it's theirs or something. In Arizona people would get together and go up to them, but Seattle people are so passive.

Old 11-29-2008, 02:07 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,080,399 times
Where is most of the gang activity at? Downtown? Or ever where around Seattle?

Old 11-29-2008, 03:53 AM

86 posts, read 341,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec34 View Post
That mall is ghetto. Go to bellevue mall. I never felt safe in that tukwilla mall....tukwilla, burien, whitecenter, etc are all death traps in Seattle metro. I was there once and someone got mugged or raped or something in the bathrooms....punk a$$ big mouths jiving through the mall like it's theirs or something. In Arizona people would get together and go up to them, but Seattle people are so passive.

and what makes you think were so passive up here? none of my friends are passive, none of my coworkers are passive, i've never seen a passive person here. everyone here i've seen will speak their mind and tell you how they feel. butttttt in arizona, i know too many passive people.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:37 AM

43 posts, read 116,821 times
I'd have to agree with Seattle folks as being passive. Ive lived in a pretty wide range of places and see an amazing difference between here and elsewhere in this regard. As a matter of fact, I think it is so pervasive that it really changes the dynamic with which people communicate. I think that you could point towards the PC culture Seattle has, and you'd just be scraping the surface of this idea. On the east coast people are way more likely to overtly offend, disagree with, or outright deconstruct someone. Ever been to NY, philly, DC or boston? Just listen to the city street sounds as compared to Seattle. People are intolerant of even the way others drive. BEEP. BEEP. Merely a microcosm of the bigger picture. This is not a good thing, I understand.

I disagree with the notion that Seattleites should police their own streets and that people in thug-clothing should be shunned from society. I do think that Washington and Oregon governments should be very careful that more of Cali's gang culture doesn't bleed north. If thats whats happening, Im not sure? Its not anywhere close to being an epidemic yet, but anti-gang activity should increase within the police depts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area