Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:31 PM

269 posts, read 1,243,437 times

Advertisements

Frankly, the amount of time here where it'd be comfortable to go nude outdoors here is ... rather limited. You wouldn't freeze your jiggly bits, but it sure won't be warm and cozy....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 04:52 PM

700 posts, read 2,595,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
-------------------------------------------------------
I tend to believe you allforcats... especially being I take it you live around the Seattle area. I take a fair amount what I hear on conservative talk radio with a grain of salt anyway. I'll have to check out the link in the post before you on this matter. Personally... I'm a live and let live kind of guy.. my wife is a bit more conservative then me and would really flip out seeing some topless chick rollerblading through a park

Now that it looks certain my oldest daughter is determined to make her life out that way... (Olympia area where Evergreen College is located) I sure am looking forward in getting out there in March.
No worries, Olympia and Seattle are very far removed not only geographically (100 miles) but also in its joie de vive.

The naked people are stopped at the border of Fremont...except for the occasional loose one down 1st ave.

Enjoy

Old 11-25-2008, 01:07 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
An O'Rielly comment? Consider the source, and that source's consistent lack of research and substantiation...
No, of course nudity is not permitted in Seattle city parks.
It might occur, extremely infrequently and not out in the open, and is illegal.
The only nude event that occurs legally in Seattle is the bike ride previously referred to, for which the organizers must get a permit every year and the participants must stay on a predetermined route.
I don't know about Seattle specifically, but many places around the country have had to allow women to go topless if men are allowed to go topless, because laws against one but not the other would be discriminatory.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:52 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
I've got no problem with nudity in Seattle parks, I just don't want to see Seattle's Mayor participating.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:08 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,056,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I've got no problem with nudity in Seattle parks, I just don't want to see Seattle's Mayor participating.
That's for damn sure!

Old 11-26-2008, 04:28 PM

99 posts, read 386,586 times
King 5 also was speaking about this. Nudity still in at Seattle parks | Top Stories | KING5.com | News for Seattle, Washington (http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_111308WAB_parks_nudity_KS.1ac93ea38.html - broken link)

Old 11-27-2008, 12:21 AM

6 posts, read 23,569 times
I've lived in Seattle for 35 years and I have yet to see a naked person in a park.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:28 AM

41 posts, read 162,949 times
It is apparently legal to sunbathe nude in the parks here in Germany, but after two years I have yet to see anyone.

Old 12-04-2008, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 5,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
An O'Rielly comment? Consider the source, and that source's consistent lack of research and substantiation...
No, of course nudity is not permitted in Seattle city parks.
It might occur, extremely infrequently and not out in the open, and is illegal.
The only nude event that occurs legally in Seattle is the bike ride previously referred to, for which the organizers must get a permit every year and the participants must stay on a predetermined route.
This allforcats guy/girl who loves cats needs to reconsider their sources. O'Reilly was right. I was listening to the radio two weeks back and the guy pushing for the bill was on.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:09 PM

46 posts, read 129,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaswins View Post
I was listening to the radio two weeks back and the guy pushing for the bill was on.
Who was pushing for the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area