Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 3,335 times

Advertisements

Looking for recommendations for Seattle-area moving companies to move a piece of furniture across the country. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 11:58 AM

506 posts, read 2,573,943 times
Just one piece of furniture? I was gonna make recommendations on moving a household. =)

Old 01-21-2008, 10:44 AM

3 posts, read 11,134 times
We used this company in November 2007 to move use from Issaquah to Redmond. It was recommended by a friend, but they said they uses them several years ago. I think this company's service is going down hill recently.
We have 3 guys come to move us, 2 did not speak English at all. The Driver, who was in charge, did not wrap our furniture until we paid almost 300 dollars insurance. His men threw out Ottoman on the truck with boxes without any care. When we questioned him , he said we have to pay insurance and packing supplies. So we did so, and they started wrap the furniture.
After moving to new place, we found out the scratch on out chain cabinets. We told the driver immediately, but he denied all the facts. We then called customer service. The lady said she will send some one to take a look, and refinish the surface. But no one shown up in next week. We called again, she said she would make sure some one go to our house the next week, but no one shown up. We called again, and we were promised again.
By now 2 month has passed, still no one come to fix the issue. We had to buy the finishing paint and other thing to fix ourselves.
I definitely do not recommend this company to any one.
Their service is horrible.
By the way, we paid more than 1400 dollars, 500 over the estimated price.

Last edited by scirocco22; 01-21-2008 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: title of post removed ...bordering on a "consumer complaint" issue with the way it was worded.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:07 AM

59 posts, read 224,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karinc View Post
Looking for recommendations for Seattle-area moving companies to move a piece of furniture across the country. Thanks!
Ask at this site. I've used their recs for cross country to Seattle and local within Seattle and both were good companies.

Moving: How to avoid Moving Company Scams

Last edited by scirocco22; 01-21-2008 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: edited to reflect website rather than another forum

Old 01-21-2008, 01:13 PM

522 posts, read 2,626,270 times
If you are moving it across company then I would go with a big name company that has a good reputaion...Atlas, Allied, United Van Lines.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:11 PM

91 posts, read 372,409 times
This is one of the dreads of our move last time we moved they quoted us one price for a perfectly itemized list,charged us $400.00 more then 2 weeks later we had a break in,it may not be related but somehow I really feel the movers came back and moved some stuff they wanted..our area in one of the safest with a near non existant crime rate.This time with such a big move I am going with one of the majors even though we prefer to support a smaller business...and will get a firm price upfront in writing before they tough one piece of our stuff and will make sure they have an office in Washington state in case something goes wrong we don't have to head across the country to pound on their door and have them make it right...good luck

Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,099,050 times
Pittgal is absolutely right -- if you really want to see the furniture again, and you really want it to be in one piece, spend the money and use the most long-established, experienced and reliable movers - Atlas, Allied, United Van Lines.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:56 PM

305 posts, read 1,609,771 times
My brother used to work for Star Moving in Tacoma, and Corporate in Kent--both United movers. It was a great summer job for a college guy who wanted to stay in shape! Both companies are reputable. Corporate is a bit closer to Seattle, and bigger, would probably suit your needs well.

Old 01-22-2008, 01:46 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,828,610 times
I used Mayflower to move from Yakima to Seattle. They did just fine.

When I can get into my hotmail, I'll get the name of the company they contracted it out to...'cuz I can't remember it now....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area