Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:27 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,967 times

Advertisements

I sort of do. I think that is mostly because I am from there and never lived anywhere else until I was 33. I do not miss the weather though. We're getting a few days of Seattle-like weather in TX this week and I realize how much I REALLY hate cold rain and gray skies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 04:42 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,059,327 times
Not even a little bit. Of course, I've only been gone for about seven weeks. Yes the cold, wet forty degree days we had down here yesterday and today after a week in the low to mid eighties is a good reminder of why we left. Thank goodness we'll be back to mid to high seventies by Sunday!

Wannabe, are you in the Austin area?

Old 03-12-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Not even a little bit. Of course, I've only been gone for about seven weeks. Yes the cold, wet forty degree days we had down here yesterday and today after a week in the low to mid eighties is a good reminder of why we left. Thank goodness we'll be back to mid to high seventies by Sunday!

Wannabe, are you in the Austin area?
I know...I keep getting bummed when the temp drops like that! Can't wait for the weekend. Nope, we are not in Austin...we're in Plano. Sounds like you are happy about your move!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:29 PM

14 posts, read 37,360 times
I just moved to Corpus Christi from Federal Way, WA. I do miss some things about WA such as the various scenery, the better roads, the cheaper prices on household items and clothing, and most of all my children. I have lived around the south end for my whole life (40 years) and I am really thankful for the change. I love the weather here except for the rain and cold today. And the people here seem much more friendly then back home. My husband had no trouble getting a job and me a part time job here. Yes, there are a lot of things to get used to here in Texas, mainly the bugs (ick). I am pretty sure though that I will never move back to Washington.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeggy3 View Post
I just moved to Corpus Christi from Federal Way, WA. I do miss some things about WA such as the various scenery, the better roads, the cheaper prices on household items and clothing, and most of all my children. I have lived around the south end for my whole life (40 years) and I am really thankful for the change. I love the weather here except for the rain and cold today. And the people here seem much more friendly then back home. My husband had no trouble getting a job and me a part time job here. Yes, there are a lot of things to get used to here in Texas, mainly the bugs (ick). I am pretty sure though that I will never move back to Washington.
Sounds like a good part of this large state is experiencing Seattle weather! I think it might actually be warmer up there right now than it is down here. LOL.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Sounds like a good part of this large state is experiencing Seattle weather! I think it might actually be warmer up there right now than it is down here. LOL.
I thought I heard it snowed last week?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeaTexan View Post
I thought I heard it snowed last week?
It did; but Seattle had a high in the mid forties yesterday(and i think it was sunny there too!) and Austin's high was 42.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 AM

1,989 posts, read 6,597,852 times
It's been blue sunny skies this whole week in Seattle, and pretty chilly. It looks like a storm system is coming in for this weekend and part of next week.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:08 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,527,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuterdu View Post
I moved from Sacramento CA to Cary North Carolina. I actually love it here. Probably because there are a lot of Californians living ere so I didn't get hit with the culture shock. I was stationed in Texas (Fort Hood) and know it well. One things fo sho' youz got the best BBQ in the USA!
Funny, I moved from Raleigh/Cary to Seattle. I always wanted to leave the SE (& never liked the BBQ), and am glad that it's behind me. I love the PNW.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:09 PM

49 posts, read 144,990 times
Can't say that i'm from Seattle persay but my husband lived there when we were dating so it is like a second home to me. Being that i am from the westcoast anyways (Vancouver Canada) and recently moved to NY, i have to say i miss the north west in general. The people are just generally more polite, they dont push you or budge in front of you wether it's in the grocery store or in a elavator line. I miss the fresh open air, and the outdoor space. I miss not paying almost $2000 for a bug infested shoebox in a not so desirable part of town. Hopefully i will be back sooner than later. Don't get me wrong NY is amazing in so many ways, but the lifestyle and pace gets stressful and wears down on you after a while....can't wait for some peace and quiet!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area