Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to Seattle: realtor, rent a house, cost of living, neighborhoods, diversity.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,511,076 times

Advertisements

Why don't you post on Craigslist? Sharing a house seems the way to go. There are a lot of dog lovers in this city, so you'll find something. You should contact the dog park volunteer organizations (SODA, COLA) and see if they have suggestions? And by renting, you would have time to look.

Or you could just buy & rent a room out yourself, to help pay the mortgage...

http://www.soda.org/index.mr (broken link)
http://www.coladog.org/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 2,707 times
So are you still going to move Pomme? Have you had luck finding a place. I too have three dogs....mine are all labs and have been contimplating moving to Seattle, my sister lives there. I have come to the conclusion that I may have to buy in order to get my pooches in with me...renting with three large dogs seems to be a no go...which surpirses me, becuase I thought Seattle was a total dog loving city.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:46 AM

10 posts, read 36,341 times
Well, I just moved here from NY. And it aint been no picnic. Enjoy my sig pic?
That was after 3 days here. And this is suppose to be one of the best places to live, Mercer Island.

So far looking for work I been called a liar and to go F-myself. Maybe it's me, I dont know. I haven't had to look for a job in over 10 years. I think things have changed.

Craigslist is a joke looking for work out here. I have had about 15 offers to send me 500.00 to pick some one up at an airport, but the "funds" will be for 15,000 and I am to transfer the rest back. HA HA ok wait for it.

Seattle is a very pretty city, so far for me that is about the extent of it. The people out here think who the hell they are. Things I've seen, heard, and have had done to me make me shake my head, DAILY!

Lets take the mod cut: racial reference removed snob at Walgreens I was behind flicking her $1.00 bills at the clerk as if 1.00 are beneath her, I counted 8 and I was about to pick them up shove them in her hand and tell her to hand the money to the woman the right way. I come from NY and in 38 years I never seen that.

Or take the Nice fella at the Junkyard I called to buy a window for my jeep that was broken into, days after I drove here. I told him I got a price off ebay for 10.00 less would he match it. And I didn't mind having to go pull my own part. He said no he wont match the price and "yea if you can deal with the rain until it arrives"
My friend thats what plastic bags and duct tape are for!

To the people of the Greater Seattle area, psst... you really aren't better than anyone. Get over yourselves.

Last edited by scirocco22; 04-16-2009 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: doesn't really have anything to do with race

Old 04-16-2009, 08:29 PM

960 posts, read 1,155,423 times
Doubtful the craigslist scammers live in the Seattle area. Mercer Island is relatively affluent, and with affluence comes uppity-ness. I can't explain your other experiences. I've lived here 20 years and just haven't experienced much bad stuff, KOW.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:47 PM

5,004 posts, read 12,315,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees02 View Post
Well, I just moved here from NY. And it aint been no picnic. Enjoy my sig pic?
That was after 3 days here. And this is suppose to be one of the best places to live, Mercer Island.

So far looking for work I been called a liar and to go F-myself. Maybe it's me, I dont know. I haven't had to look for a job in over 10 years. I think things have changed.

To the people of the Greater Seattle area, psst... you really aren't better than anyone. Get over yourselves.
Mercer Island is very snobby and very rich. Don't let that get you down about the city. But I do agree some Seattleites don't know that the world consists of more than Seattle.

And it's your own fault for leaving stuff that thieves will want to take out of your car. The economy isn't helping. Car prowls are very common here and I NEVER leave anything out in the open and always park in well lit areas or in a locked area. That said I feel for ya man, hope it doesn't happen again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: