Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 01:57 PM

20 posts, read 110,386 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I'm originally from California, I grew up in the Bay Area. I moved to San Diego for 2 years. It was gorgeous there, but the people were a lot different and I never quite got out of the culture shock of moving there. I've now been living in a Denver suburb for about 2 years. It's great here, but I really miss the ocean, the fresh fish, and even the fog if you can believe that. I'm thinking of moving to Seattle in about a year because I think it offers what I want. Obviously it has the ocean and fresh fish. I need to be able to get away and go some place different, and with Seattle's proximity to Vancouver and Portland that seems doable. I'm obsessed with ferries and Seattle certainly has plenty. Anyway, I was wondering what kind of things I could expect from living in Seattle. I know the weather will be a lot different than in Denver, but since I'm from the San Francisco area I am used to fog and some rain so I think I could handle Seattle. I was looking more specifically at the Port Orchard/ Kitsap county area, so I was wondering what people think of that area. I don't know much about Seattle communities yet but I like that area because it's close to Seattle but seems like a laid back calm place to live. Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 04:36 PM

960 posts, read 1,163,018 times
You may need to be more specific. Seattle is on Puget Sound; the waves are tiny except during storms. The real ocean is about 3 hours away. Kitsap county is nice but there's not many jobs there that can pay for the real estate. What made you think of Kitsap county? (To get a better idea of what you want.) There's Vancouver B.C. and Vancouver WA. It's always good to visit a place before you commit to moving. It would be good to have a job in hand too, if you need one. The main problems newcomers seem to have here are the high prices of housing/renting (still), the weather, and the "Seattle freeze" (see other thread).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area