Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 AM

203 posts, read 720,632 times

Advertisements

great breakfast? i know a place for great breakfast! Bay Cafe at fisherman's terminal. They're only open until 2pm. I love going there for fried oysters and scrambled eggs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,778 times
Hi, I'm not sure about B&B's but the Marquese Hotel on lower Queen Anne is a nice place and close to a lot of resturants and night life. It is also close to the Seattle Center which someone else mentioned. Go see the Troll in Fremont just beneath the Aurora Bridge and go to the Ballard Locks. You can have a nice dinner on the water at Anthony's. Of course you are going to the Pike Place Market. I love the fact that it is not a big chain commercial place. It has one small Starbucks which I've heard is one of the original Starbucks locations. Go to REI and try the climbing wall which is free as far as I know.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:32 PM

960 posts, read 1,163,240 times
All the public buses are free in the core downtown area, just make sure you get off before they leave downtown! The safest buses to take are those that go through the tunnel (open weekdays only), because that way you won't so easily miss your stop. Outside of downtown don't bother with buses, as their schedules/stops/fares tend to be too complicated for visitors. There's the touristy monorail that runs between Westlake Center and the Seattle Center, and a trolley that runs between downtown and the South Lake Union area.

Old 03-21-2009, 02:04 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,903,743 times
If you're into music, you might be interested in the Experience Music Project (with small, dorky and wonderful Sci-Fi Museum next door)

Old 03-22-2009, 05:04 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,060,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecb View Post
Hi, I'm not sure about B&B's but the Marquese Hotel on lower Queen Anne is a nice place and close to a lot of resturants and night life. It is also close to the Seattle Center which someone else mentioned. Go see the Troll in Fremont just beneath the Aurora Bridge and go to the Ballard Locks. You can have a nice dinner on the water at Anthony's. Of course you are going to the Pike Place Market. I love the fact that it is not a big chain commercial place. It has one small Starbucks which I've heard is one of the original Starbucks locations. Go to REI and try the climbing wall which is free as far as I know.
The one in the market is THE original Starbucks.

I don't know if the rates are less than $250 a night but check out the Inn at the Market Inn At The Market ::: Our Hotel (http://www.innatthemarket.com/ourhotel.html - broken link)
We stayed there on our wedding night (we got married in the Pike Place Market - how Seattle is that?) Alas, it was a long time ago so I am not sure what rooms run these days.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:19 PM

93 posts, read 263,903 times
Default To Do In Seattle Area

I second the Seattle Underground Tour. It was fun for us! Top Pot Doughnuts is easy to get to and was very nice. If you are willing to get out of the city a little, I HIGHLY recommend checking out Mt Rainier. Every time I've visited Seattle I go to The Mountain. In fact, I've often sacrificed doing something else to go TWO days. Maybe its just because I'm from flat and ugly Texas, but I love going to Rainier. On your way there or on the way back you can check out Northwest Trek wildlife park. We're going again in May and we're going to check out Snoqualmie Falls this time, which is supposed to be about 45 mins East of Seattle...

Old 03-24-2009, 03:27 AM

1,677 posts, read 6,853,558 times
Best Breakfast in town is at Geraldine's Counter, but that might be a bit out of the way. My 2nd favorite breakfast spot is CJ's.

V. =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area