Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 PM

4 posts, read 9,236 times

Advertisements

Aloha.

I am moving home to Maui, Hawaii and would be interested in sharing a container with anyone who may have some room. All of my stuff will be boxed and is just personal items (my guess about 40 boxes).

If anyone has a container with some room in it, please contact me. I will be flying from Seattle to Maui on August 1st, 2009 and can start shipping any time from this post until just before then.

Mahalo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 09:05 PM

14 posts, read 30,758 times
What about starting to mail the boxes to yourself? I have used Fedx to send stuff, and it's surprisingly inexpensive.

I don't know what a container costs to HI, I have used containers to AK, they aren't cheap at all!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 PM

4 posts, read 9,236 times
Kashleen:

Thanks for your thoughts. I have made it a point to see if I can ship as much as I can parcel post through the US mail (stuff I can live without) combined with doing what you recommend like sending the important stuff via Fedex, UPS. ect. Sounds like you looked into it already. Did you find that its cheaper through the mail?

Thanks again.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 PM

14 posts, read 30,758 times
No, I haven't made a move such as what you have planned later this summer.

I just know the container rates from Seattle to Kodiak AK, when I lived there. I also was pleasantly surprised when we had to send items from PHX AZ, to San Francisco, and it was cheaper than USPS. This was just a few months back.

Best of luck, I lived in Kona, on the Big Island and loved it there.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 PM

2 posts, read 5,279 times
Default Container

Hey how are you we are moving back to maui as well we fly in on july 31st have a coulpe questions to ask and see if we could share something with you please feel free to give me a call.

Blake 303-720-2660

Old 05-29-2009, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 5,279 times
Default container

Hey just wanted to touch base and ask you some questions on your container were moving back to maui around that exact time so give me an e-mail and we can talk thanks and talk to you soon.

Blake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: