U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 11:03 AM

5,597 posts, read 18,182,809 times

Advertisements

C'mon everbody! EVERY big metropolitan area has incidences like the ones Embraer has referenced.

As Imperial has said, California has them for sure. I've also read about similar road rage incidents in east coast cities, Miami, Denver, other Texas citites, etc., etc.

Seattle isn't immune. Road rage incidents like the one cited have occurred many times in the Seattle area. MANY times! People have been killed numerous times in the Seattle area because of road rage. And those are the ones you hear about.

Drivers are just plain angry and rude because of the horrendous congestion in the area. Road rage incidents are very common ...it's only that you don't hear about the ones where people don't get killed or injured. I've seen it on almost a daily basis. People driving in a manner where they're trying to "get even" with each other, heated arguments along the side of the road, yelling and screaming out windows, hand gestures, etc., etc.

Seattle area drivers being more polite or docile than other places in the nation? ...bull dungie! Granted, I haven't been everywhere in the nation but the places I've been, Seattle's drivers are amongst the worst. I even "enjoy" driving in SoCal more than in Seattle. The only place that I might classify as being worse is maybe Las Vegas. But again, I haven't spent vast amounts of time in other large metro areas and usually only as a visitor.

--'rocco

Last edited by scirocco22; 08-22-2007 at 04:22 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2007, 06:02 PM

139 posts, read 1,164,118 times
Jenbar what is the relevance to this thread????? I remember I posted stuff written about Austin, TX and you got bent out of shape and complained to the moderator. Now you post this garbage whats the point. Hey moderator you ready to get involved yet.

Old 03-31-2007, 11:10 PM

170 posts, read 814,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattletony View Post
Jenbar what is the relevance to this thread????? I remember I posted stuff written about Austin, TX and you got bent out of shape and complained to the moderator. Now you post this garbage whats the point. Hey moderator you ready to get involved yet.
I have warned people a million times over in the Texas forums so I will put out the alert here as well.

Texans-natural born and many transplanted- take any critisizm of Texas and anything Texas terribly bad. I am actually one of the few Texans who does not paint an unrealistic image of Texas and will be the first one to point out all of Texas' short comings. And there are many, trust me.

Just imagine person after person telling you Texas is perfect and that it is the best place on earth, all in a "bush" texas accent. That is pretty much a typical day around here.

Then the funny part comes when you ask them how many other places they have visited and they answer: none! or: Oklahoma!

Old 03-31-2007, 11:25 PM

139 posts, read 1,164,118 times
Embraer, thanks for bringing that up, because this person seems to think Austin is faultless but yet can throw stones at Seattle but doesn't want any thrown at her town. Does that seem right or fair?

Old 04-01-2007, 02:35 AM

5,796 posts, read 14,092,863 times
This thread is absolutely worthless. Just proves how much she hates Seattle.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:49 AM

3,226 posts, read 13,365,563 times
I love Seattle!

I also love Austin!

I also love that I can be realistic and see the positives and negatives in both.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:39 PM

223 posts, read 1,211,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From the person who should stop posting in the Seattle forum's article
Wednesday, 29 August, 2001, 07:48 GMT 08:48 UK
This occurred almost six years ago. Why are you bringing it up? I could point out that seven years ago, Texas inflicted George Bush and the rest of the Texas Mafia upon us. What relevance would that have?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:35 AM

I am not a Bush lover by any means - but TEXAS didn't single-handedly vote him in.

I blame Ohio for that one

Old 04-02-2007, 12:11 PM

223 posts, read 1,211,155 times
You still give no rationale for dredging up something that happened once, six years ago.

If you hate Seattle so, why do you continue posting here?

Old 04-02-2007, 12:18 PM

I have never said I hated Seattle. On this very thread I said that I loved Seattle. I am also realistic though, and don't sugar coat things... it's not perfect, it has problems.

People were talking about Seattle's traffic issues on several threads here. This unfortunate situation speaks specifically to that issue - traffic is SO BAD, that residents would beg someone to hurry up and jump, so as to not prolong their commute any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: