Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 05:26 PM

21 posts, read 114,057 times

Advertisements

I apparently need to turn off my pop-up blocker-- this is why I cannot receive the message, Jenbar.
I will try to enable it, otherwise, I will try to enable my email and you can send it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 05:27 PM

3,225 posts, read 14,062,322 times
Oh I have a pop up blocker too. Just hit cancel when the pop up message comes up, and get to a main screen here, then you can click on the link in the top right for your PM box.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:29 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,048,181 times
Yeah, that's what I was just going to say: click on the "private messages" link in the upper right corner ...just before "Unread 1"

--'rocco

Old 04-05-2007, 05:31 PM

21 posts, read 114,057 times
I figured it out Jenbar-- my mistake! Thanks!

And thanks, 'rocco, for the info on:
Quote:
Oh, and just to add, Kat, some places in rural Renton are actually in the Issaquah School District

Old 04-09-2007, 11:24 AM

121 posts, read 536,032 times
Based on the hunting I have been doing for the past 6 months...I would be SHOCKED if you could find a decent house on over 1 acre under 500k within an HOUR commute of Sandpoint way.

First, the commute: The commute to Sandpoint will be brutal regardless of where you come from. I don't commute from the east side, so I can't comment on that. But from the north end - we carpool and it's a minimum 35-40 minutes Edmonds to Downtown Seattle (often closer to an hour). I boat out of Magnussen park (right next to NOAA) during the summer, and on a Saturday at noon, it takes us at least an hour to get from Edmonds to the park. I would guess rush hour would be worse. Coming from the South End would be bad because you'd either be coming through downtown, or taking 405 or one of the bridges. The U-District is always congested on both the freeway and the surface streets. I would estimate at least 15-20 minutes just from I-5.

Issaquah is a very nice area, (one of our "dream" areas), but we are looking for just a house under 500 with more than say 1700sq ft, and aren't finding anything. And anything we have found under 500 is on approximately .1 or .2acres if we are lucky.

The reality is, lots of people (myself included) would love to find a rural setting with a large lot that was within a decent commute...it just doesn't exist in this market.

I'm not trying to be negative...I'm just trying to give you an honest assessment of the question you asked. Based on my commuting experience, and my hunt for a home in this area, to find a large peice of property with a decent house will require you to go way out...and make the commute much longer than you are hoping for. Good Luck.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:53 PM

17 posts, read 172,551 times
HI Kat - I like Bothell for your requirements... plus there is a back way to get to NOAA that I wasn't aware of at first when I used to have to commute down there...
I would stay away form the east suburbs based on commute times..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area