Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 01:28 PM

38 posts, read 128,120 times

Advertisements

As I said in the Albuquerque forum, I'm kind of up-in-the-air looking for a place to land.

I have worked hard and saved up enough money to pay 3/4 of the total on a
6 month lease for a good, cheap apartment in Seattle...BUT...no one will rent
to me unless I have a job!

"And how do I get a job with no apartment?", asks I.

So....the Hostel Seattle manager told me today that "No." they will not have openings for work /trade (which would have been schweet!)...and I'm asking around different boards and craigslist and stuff.

But my main question is:
Does anyone know of any monthly rooms for rent that aren't too scary or dangerous?
Doesn't have to be downtown or anything special...but around plenty o' jobs would be nice.

A place I can reside in for a month or two without going broke where I can *get a job* and then pay for a decent, longer term place?

Thanks tonnes!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:41 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,061,543 times
Western Washington doesn't have areas that are "too scary and dangerous", so not to worry.

You might want to look into: Residence Inn, and Extended Stay America, both of which you can Google, and a local residence hotel called The Inn Apartments with two locations very close to the downtown Seattle business district, and one in Bellevue:
The Inn Apartments, furnished apartments downtown Seattle and downtown Bellevue

All three are used by business people, tourists, parents, and rent by the month, have fully furnished rooms, kitchenettes, TVs, cable, internet connections, local phone service, housekeeping, laundry room, all included in the price. Good luck!

Old 05-14-2009, 01:52 PM

265 posts, read 1,071,020 times
Are you sure? Most the south Lake Washington area from the shacks in Renton to areas of Tukwila seem too scary and dangerous for my tastes. That is why I did not look further south than Issaquah when house hunting. Actually I did suggest Renton and even Puyallup, but every time I did my wife said no way. So I'm ending up just within Bothell city limits.

Note: I realize they are not scary and dangerous compared to say South Bronx which I've been through a few times, but scary and dangerous compared to areas around HERE. South Bronx was the only area where my dad, a seasoned NYC cab driver, would instantly lock the car doors when we drove through it as a kid!

Old 05-14-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Western Washington doesn't have areas that are "too scary and dangerous", so not to worry.

You might want to look into: Residence Inn, and Extended Stay America, both of which you can Google, and a local residence hotel called The Inn Apartments with two locations very close to the downtown Seattle business district, and one in Bellevue:
The Inn Apartments, furnished apartments downtown Seattle and downtown Bellevue

All three are used by business people, tourists, parents, and rent by the month, have fully furnished rooms, kitchenettes, TVs, cable, internet connections, local phone service, housekeeping, laundry room, all included in the price. Good luck!

$1100 a month though?

Old 05-14-2009, 03:07 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,751,989 times
$1100 is what you'd pay for a 2 br apartment anyways. Heck, maybe I'll move into a Residence Inn. Free housekeeping!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:14 PM

Alas, I am but a lowly college kid who wishes to keep the rain out of my hair and rats from my food.
http://www.ket.org/pressroom/2000/38...Twist_1200.jpg
"May I have anotha sir?"

A studio for $650 would be fine with me. Eventually.
Right now I need a monthly apt for less than $900.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Last edited by scirocco22; 05-27-2009 at 09:30 AM.. Reason: copyright issues

Old 05-14-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameBen View Post
Alas, I am but a lowly college kid who wishes to keep the rain out of my hair and rats from my food.

"May I have anotha sir?"

A studio for $650 would be fine with me. Eventually.
Right now I need a monthly apt for less than $900.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
Wow! An apartment for LESS than $900?? I don't think you can get that anywhere NEAR Seattle. Maybe look in Everett? I am paying $1800 after all fees are said and done for 2 bedroom apartment now, sir, and its in Kirkland. I can't even imagine a $900 apartment in or near Seattle unless its some kind of cockroach infested hell hole. Even then I'd be shocked.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:47 PM

classifieds - craigslist

Old 05-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Wow.... I am speechless. That's what I get for renting new and trendy.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:35 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,751,989 times
That smiley is both very angry and speaking french?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area