Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:09 AM

947 posts, read 1,643,057 times

Advertisements

While not the most expensive, I personally like 6/7 at the Edgewater Hotel. Very romantic- mood lighting, spectacular view of the Sound and the Mountains, awesome sunset views and on Wednesday night about 7 p.m. you usually have the sailboat races occuring in that area. I took some friends there last summer for dinner, in August, and they were absolutely floored by the views and just about fell out of their seats when the sailboats appeared. Great food too. I would suggest a reservation so you can get window seating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 08:27 AM

204 posts, read 813,748 times
Shoegal111 cool post I totally agree. Edgewater restaurant is so beautiful. Thanks for the reminder. I have not been there for years, and will take my family again this summer.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:46 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,356,425 times
It looks like I have a lot more exploring to do this summer LOL.

I personally like Salty's on Alki. It's very reasonable and if you get a view it is gorgeous. A romantic thing you can do there is overlook the city from that one park on top of the hill. It's a classic 50s-60s make-out point.

There's another awesome French restaurant in Pike Place ... I forgot the name of it ... but it's near the fish market, and the food is divine! They can be rude though ... true French style.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:47 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,333,985 times
You probably ought to add Rover's to the lsit of the fanciest in Seattle. On Madison Street, heading towards Lake Washington. It gets rave reviews and is considered by some to be the best in town. I ate there once, but I'm more of a pizza and barbecue kind of guy, so I don't appreciate fancy food.
" Ah, yes, the marinated pigeon entrails served in a beurre blanc reduction is just divine!"

Old 05-30-2009, 12:23 PM

265 posts, read 1,073,658 times
Can anyone recommend the fanciest restaurant that demonstrates why Seattle is such a food captial but costs less than $80 for a meal for two people??

Old 05-30-2009, 12:27 PM

947 posts, read 1,643,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDawson View Post
Shoegal111 cool post I totally agree. Edgewater restaurant is so beautiful. Thanks for the reminder. I have not been there for years, and will take my family again this summer.
Thanks for the props. It is by far my favorite place. I always go for drinks with friends to celebrate the first day of Summer and the longest day of the year. I'll miss it this year as my job has me working in CT but at least I will still have the salt water and the boats.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:56 AM

474 posts, read 1,455,201 times
Default ElektroDragon

in answer to your question, there are a lot of options (I'm assuming you're not including booze in the $80 dinner for two).

Lark
Quinn's
Saltoro

The trick? Avoid the downtown, heavily publicized ones. Great food available there to be sure, but the neighborhoods are where magic happens, be it Madison Valley, Capitol Hill, Broadview, or Ballard.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:35 PM

807 posts, read 2,257,845 times
-Crush
-Pink Door
-Il Bistro
-Campagne
-Restaurant Zoe
-The Georgian

Old 06-01-2009, 02:36 PM

187 posts, read 576,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddesthatter View Post
My girlfriends birthday is coming up in August, and I'm trying to find THE fanciest restaurant in Seattle to take her....anybody know of some really solid places? Also any suggestions on romantic events we could do before or after? Thanks!!!
I would say Canlis or Le Gourmand. I have been to Le Gourmand (anniversary dinner for me and the GF) and can say that it was an excellent experience from start to finish. We ordered the Chef's Tasting Menu (7-course) with accompanying wine flight. Absolutely incredible. And, for what you get, very well priced in my opinion. I think the final bill with tip was right around $300/350. The best part was seeing the look on her face with each new course and paired wine - scored some *serious* boyfriend points. ;-)

Old 06-06-2009, 09:51 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,842,175 times
For those who didn't see it this week, the Seattle Times mentioned some of the restaurants mentioned in this thread (like Canlis and Six Seven) in a look at notable (not all fancy) waterfront dining spots.

Nancy Leson's picks for restaurants with glorious waterfront views | Seattle Times

Waterfront Six Seven has a location that's second to none | Seattle Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area