Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 PM

228 posts, read 687,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb View Post
But anyway, I do have a missing limb, though. I even have good friends that don't even know because I haven't told them. But I would hate for any friendships I have to be based on the fact that I'm the "crazy cripple!."
I'm sure you'll be able to find friends based on them liking you for you as a "whole" person. Not just because they are looking for a "pity friend." Just believe that it can happen and it will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 04:31 PM

21 posts, read 76,485 times
Washington has high unemployment so I want you to have more like...$20K saved and $0 in debt before moving to Seattle. Yeah, $20K, even for a single guy who apparently wants to live under a rock. If you have a job now, stay at it and save up. I don't believe any of the other considerations you mention should cross your mind until you have resources and a very specific plan of action.

People, even authentic, tolerant and deep people, can be fake, judgmental and shallow at times so that has to be dealt with separately from the Move.

I also suggest looking at other towns in Washington State, just not Tacoma, if you want to be near Seattle, because the cost of living will be lower and you can still access the culture and natural beauty stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: