Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:30 PM

25 posts, read 143,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoswa View Post
I was just out in Maricopa a few weeks ago, in fact I caught the train from there to LA, before catching another to come up to Seattle.......If you haven't ridden the Coast Starlight, I would definitely recommend it, at least once When I bought my house I had looked at Maricopa and there were some really beautiful houses, it was just too far away from my work at the jail. I would definitely consider the short sale, but the problem is, I bought the house with my 'then' partner, and he is not interested in selling, so I'm kind of stuck. We have put in for a modification, so I have to wait and see if that helps, if not.........I'm walking, I refuse to allow a house to dictate my life. The credit thing is the issue, I really don't want to have to start all over again rebuilding it, plus it doesn't look good when looking for a job if your credit sucks lol. Anyway, It's great that you had the courage to make the decision that you did, and I know you are going to have an awesome time there. Thanks again for your encouraging post.
well, when we looked in maricopa, we bought a house we could afford then, and like i said, could afford now if we lived there. he drove off peak hours, so the traffic wasn't an issue for us. but, my hubby had such an awesome job opportunity here that we just couldn't pass it up. we really struggled with this decision. like i said, we both have awesome credit, have owned two homes and have never been late on a payment...ever. we felt a bit like failures b/c we had to decide what was better..a short sale or staying put for at least 10 years. if we had stayed,nothing would have changed. his paycheck would have been the same, our lives would be the same, and there was no room for advancement at this point in az with his job. we took the plunge knowing full well that we may have to eventually foreclose, but we also have prayed that it short sales. we figured...stay there for a long time with no advancements or take our chances, have him get this promotion and move. we chose to move. we didnt' want to have a house dictate our lives. we didnt' just walk away from our responsibilites. we are taking a massive hit w/our credit, the equity we lost that we put into that house and the expense of moving. but, we really were looking at the bigger picture...better schools in wa, to raise our children in an enviroment that cares about the enviroment, etc etc. it's been tough, and our housing issue isn't over yet, but we really do feel it was a positive move. i'm very emotional when it comes to my house, but as someone told me, "a house is just like any other investment. when it's bad, you have to cut your losses and move on." i still don't completely buy that, but it helps me get through sometimes. it's hard all around, especially b/c we rent now and it may be years before we have a home that we can call our own. but, like hubby and i agree...we'd either be renting OUR house there or renting here b/c there wouldn't be a dime going into equity into the maricopa house for as long as a foreclosure would take to clear our credit, so...we decided to jump in feet first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 04:07 AM

6 posts, read 7,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akoswa View Post
I currently live in Phoenix, and after spending two weeks in Seattle, I am hell bent on moving, I don't care if it rains every single day! It is beautiful! The people were wonderful, and I loved the diversity, most of all hearing the wind in the trees..........nothing moves in Phoenix, except maybe dust. It is lovely here too, but much, much too hot! I would like to move within the next twelve months. I have two masters degrees, one in clinical counseling, and one in forensic psychology. I am also an independently licensed substance abuse counselor. I am wondering what the job market is like for the counseling profession. I will be looking to work in the criminal justice arena. I currently work with men,women, and juveniles who are being tried as adults in the jail system here in Phoenix. Ideally, I would really like to find a job before I move. Does anyone know what the licensing process is like and how long it takes.
You will do great in "counseling profession". Seattle Central CC recently create a Bachelor of Applied of Science in Behavorial Science just to provide the field with this professionals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area