Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 PM

26 posts, read 75,250 times

Advertisements

and now wants to move here. The terrible long dark winters are worst then anything to me. Out of towners say they like rain, but they won't understand what darkness and rain is until they move here. Its not like moving from elsewhere in the country where it rains for a day or 2, then clears. Its always is gray and whoever came here in the summer is fortunate. Seattle isn't the nice little kind big city it appears. Crime, gangs, murders, robbery seattle all has and its gotten much worse over the years. People let the green trees, ocean, air fool you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 PM

343 posts, read 1,084,971 times
You know, I think it's funny when all some people do is come to this forum and highly exaggerate how "bad" it is here, because, for each one of you, are two that seem to enjoy it here year round.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 PM

184 posts, read 551,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS425 View Post
and now wants to move here. The terrible long dark winters are worst then anything to me. Out of towners say they like rain, but they won't understand what darkness and rain is until they move here. Its not like moving from elsewhere in the country where it rains for a day or 2, then clears. Its always is gray and whoever came here in the summer is fortunate. Seattle isn't the nice little kind big city it appears. Crime, gangs, murders, robbery seattle all has and its gotten much worse over the years. People let the green trees, ocean, air fool you
Feel better? Sounds like you need therapy.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:51 PM

918 posts, read 1,697,114 times
Winters here rock !! I live for snowboarding

Old 07-21-2009, 11:05 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,534,588 times
Yep, rain means snow in the Cascades! Skiing every weekend saves it for us. But I don't think the weather has been that bad for the past 12 months. Still better than what much of the country deals with on a regular basis.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:08 PM

343 posts, read 1,084,971 times
Seahawk and Husky Football = Awesome.

Nuff Said.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:25 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,842,905 times
Yeah, it was awesome how the Huskies lost every single game last season. Nuff said about that season, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicsFan93 View Post
Seahawk and Husky Football = Awesome.

Nuff Said.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 PM

318 posts, read 950,525 times
Quote:
Crime, gangs, murders, robbery seattle all has and its gotten much worse over the years. People let the green trees, ocean, air fool you
I invite you to live in Cleveland, OH for a year. Or perhaps, Baltimore. Or maybe even Detroit.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:36 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
I can agree about the weather, but your info about crime is dead wrong. I've lived in the Seattle area since 1974 and crime now is the lowest I've EVER seen it - and that's not just my opinion, it's backed up by facts.

Seattle is safest it's been in 40 years, stats show (http://www.seattlepi.com/local/347781_crime18.html - broken link)

Ken

Old 07-21-2009, 11:55 PM

145 posts, read 645,272 times
i came here in the summer. i've also lived here in the winter. i love both seasons and i wouldn't trade a so-called gloomy seattle winter for a frosty one elswhere, or even a dry warm one in the south west where the summer is far more brutal than a seattle winter is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area