Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 12:17 PM

86 posts, read 129,472 times

Advertisements

I'd rather Seattle lure an NHL team. Sonics fans got a raw deal from the NBA and Clay Bennett. And think of potential rivalry with Vancouver that a Seattle NHL team would bring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 10:37 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,923,033 times
Default It's moving day!

Today the movers come and take the "stuff" I'ver accumulated over nearly 32 years in San Diego, and move it up to western Washington ... I can't wait to see the trees, the lakes, and Puget Sound!

Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 PM

40 posts, read 61,899 times
Default moved to Seattle

I made the move from Santa Barbara (36 years there) to Woodinville, which is between Seattle and Everett. I have been here for three months and have loved every second of it. Great area and So Cal looks like a bad dream.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:26 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyGlott View Post
Today the movers come and take the "stuff" I'ver accumulated over nearly 32 years in San Diego, and move it up to western Washington ... I can't wait to see the trees, the lakes, and Puget Sound!
Lucky lucky you. No more brown and dried out hillsides. Great seafood and IMO, better weather

Old 07-29-2011, 03:48 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randevan View Post
I made the move from Santa Barbara (36 years there) to Woodinville, which is between Seattle and Everett. I have been here for three months and have loved every second of it. Great area and So Cal looks like a bad dream.
Everybody says this during the summer, as Wa State is the most beautiful state 12 months a year, but especially during the summer. Post Next Feb after 6 months of clouds, it makes your point more valid. Good luck

Old 07-29-2011, 07:01 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Lucky lucky you. No more brown and dried out hillsides. Great seafood and IMO, better weather
I'll agree with the first observation, but when I lived in Seattle I was rarely able to afford seafood, it was more expensive than any place I have ever lived - including inland areas.

If by chance I found a good deal per pound, it was usually because the fish was whole and weighed a lot.

It's not that the weather is better in Seattle, but more variable and interesting. San Diego has the best weather in the US bar none, far better than Florida or Hawaii. Almost always in the 70s and sunny, perfect moderately dry humidity. But that can get so tiresome after a while ..... you start wishing there would be a rollicking good thunderstorm every now and then to break up the relentless good weather.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I'll agree with the first observation, but when I lived in Seattle I was rarely able to afford seafood, it was more expensive than any place I have ever lived - including inland areas.

If by chance I found a good deal per pound, it was usually because the fish was whole and weighed a lot.

It's not that the weather is better in Seattle, but more variable and interesting. San Diego has the best weather in the US bar none, far better than Florida or Hawaii. Almost always in the 70s and sunny, perfect moderately dry humidity. But that can get so tiresome after a while ..... you start wishing there would be a rollicking good thunderstorm every now and then to break up the relentless good weather.
Wow, didn't know the seafood there was that expensive.

I said Seattle has better weather IMO. Personally I think Oakland Ca. has the best weather in the country. I also wouldn't count on dry humidity here in summer all the time either.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:05 PM

I remember going to Pike Place Market when I first moved into town, thinking that I would finally be able to afford some nice fresh salmon. After all, it was the lower 48 state closest to Alaska, and had some salmon fishing of its own (I thought). I looked at the price ..... talk about sticker shock, it was $18.99/lb!

Old 07-30-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I remember going to Pike Place Market when I first moved into town, thinking that I would finally be able to afford some nice fresh salmon. After all, it was the lower 48 state closest to Alaska, and had some salmon fishing of its own (I thought). I looked at the price ..... talk about sticker shock, it was $18.99/lb!
I wonder if part of that could be because it's a tourist spot?

Old 07-30-2011, 06:47 PM

This was years ago, but actually the price was the same at a coupla grocery stores in town.

Pike Place Market actually had better prices on produce than Safeway or QFC at that time and it was better quality ..... of course I don't know about the situation now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area