Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 07:39 PM

639 posts, read 2,711,216 times

Advertisements

I am a 25 year old single male possibly moving to Seattle. I am visiting tomorrow night and would like to sample the local night life scene. I currently live in Phoenix but visit Old Towne Scottsdale on the weekends. I would like to find something similar to the Scottsdale scene (don't be too hard on me). If anyone is familiar with the bars/lounges in Scottsdale something like Devils Martini, Six, Suede, or Pussycat lounge would be ideal.

Are there any bar/lounge areas of Seattle like there is in Tempe and Scottsdale? With that I mean a strip or area with a bunch of them. All I really am looking for is the best possible time and I am open to suggestions. I am going to be staying in the downtown Sheraton so something within waking distance would be nice. I can take a cab if needed.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2007, 01:00 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,048,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uconn99 View Post
I am a 25 year old single male possibly moving to Seattle. I am visiting tomorrow night and would like to sample the local night life scene. I currently live in Phoenix but visit Old Towne Scottsdale on the weekends. I would like to find something similar to the Scottsdale scene (don't be too hard on me). If anyone is familiar with the bars/lounges in Scottsdale something like Devils Martini, Six, Suede, or Pussycat lounge would be ideal.

Are there any bar/lounge areas of Seattle like there is in Tempe and Scottsdale? With that I mean a strip or area with a bunch of them. All I really am looking for is the best possible time and I am open to suggestions. I am going to be staying in the downtown Sheraton so something within waking distance would be nice. I can take a cab if needed.

Thanks!
I've never partied in the Phoenix area so I can't compare those places you mentioned with anything in Seattle. It's also been many years since I've taken in the nightlife in Seattle. But two places that come to mind are Pioneer Square and Belltown.

Pioneer Square is located in the south end of the CBD and Belltown on the north end. Both are well reputed for their nightlife.

http://www.pioneersquare.org/

http://www.belltown.org/

Both are just under a mile from the Sheraton.

Thanks.

--'rocco

Last edited by scirocco22; 04-27-2007 at 01:15 AM..

Old 04-27-2007, 02:09 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,243,100 times
Take a short cab ride or walk to Belltown and get out at 1st and Blanchard.
There you will find a variety of Seattle nightlife.
Depending on what you like check out:
Amber
Del Rey
Belltown Billiards
Downunder
El Gaucho 1st & Wall (my favorite)
See Sound Lounge
Bonzai
Club Medusa - Dancing till 4am

1st and 2nd Avenues from Blanchard to Wall St. have most of the hangout spots. And NO it is not like Scottsdale or Tempe. Belltown is a section of downtown Seattle just north of Pike Place Market. Most of the clubs and trendy restaurants are along 1st & 2nd Aves. More trendy, swanky restaurants and bars than nightclubs.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:24 AM

6 posts, read 62,986 times
Default Fremont

Not quite as "good" as Pioneer Square or Belltown, but Fremont is becoming quite the scene (at least on weekends). Off the top of my head, there is Nectar, Ball Room, Tost, High Dive, Triangle, and Browers. The big hotspots seem to be Nectar and Ball Room (line out the door and large, packed outdoor areas).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area