Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 09:02 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,575 times

Advertisements

I have several questions regarding freshwater fishing in the Seattle area but will not bore you with them unless there are posters with that type of knowledge. If you have knowledge in this area please respond. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 02:19 PM

119 posts, read 1,027,746 times
I'd be interested in info about freshwater fishing as well. Hell, any kind of fishing around the area, fresh or salt.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:43 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,011 times
I fish the local rivers at least once a week. Most of them are in the south sound. Ask away...

Old 09-23-2009, 03:15 PM

854 posts, read 4,139,869 times
I see people fly fishing in the Snoqualmie river near a park in Fall City. Especially with the fall leaves coming, looks like a nice spot.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:30 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,768,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
I fish the local rivers at least once a week. Most of them are in the south sound. Ask away...
Ok ... well I fish the area lakes here in Raleigh, NC.
Great LM bass; white bass; crappie; cats; white perch fishing. I do a lot of vertical jigging these days instead of beating the banks. I fish out of a 17.5 bass boat with a 40hp. If I were to relocate to that area is there compatible type fishing there. If not what type of fishing is available for a 60+ retired guy that doesn't want to put to sea.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:12 AM

I'm really interested in any info I can get. I used to live right across from a lake, adn fished a lot. I have done some small salmon fishing on Lake Michigan, and tried fly fishing once when younger. I know theres not really much in the way of Surf salt water fishing like along the coast, or in Cali or Florida. But what kind of fishing is popular, for what kind of fish?

Old 09-24-2009, 07:08 AM

1,632 posts, read 6,840,944 times
A lot of the state's best fishing for warmwater species is on the eastern side of the state. But you can catch LM bass, etc. at quite a few lakes around the Seattle area. The biggest lake of all, Lake Washington, is pretty interesting. Something like 40 species, including various salmon when seasonal counts are high enough to allow angling. You won't find a lot of traditional bass cover like you're probably used to, but the lake does have bass and trout and the big lake is actually underfished, from what I've read in the newspaper. I haven't done it, but I know that yellow perch fishing is popular in Lake Washington, with vertical jigging. Lake Sammamish is a well known SM bass fishery. I was an avid fisherman before moving to WA and need to get back into it. The opportunities are amazingly diverse here, in the numerous large and small lakes, rivers, and of course ocean.

Here are a couple of guys fishing for bass at a local lake, Lake Stevens.

Fishing Reports and Lake Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Ok ... well I fish the area lakes here in Raleigh, NC.
Great LM bass; white bass; crappie; cats; white perch fishing. I do a lot of vertical jigging these days instead of beating the banks. I fish out of a 17.5 bass boat with a 40hp. If I were to relocate to that area is there compatible type fishing there. If not what type of fishing is available for a 60+ retired guy that doesn't want to put to sea.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,011 times
I suppose most of the lakes around here hold bass, crappie, etc, especially the shallow lakes. I only fish the rivers, and do pretty good. I fish for salmon and steelhead mostly. It's actually not hard at all, once you get the technique down.

Midas: Actually there is great beach fishing all around the Puget Sound. Resident Coho (small silver salmon) and Sea Run Cutthroat's (trout) are plentiful. From Edmonds all the way down to Tacoma, they can be found. Most people fly fish for them, but I just use a small Kast Master spoon.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:17 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll have to look into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area