Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like Seattle's climate?
Yes, it's nice 23 54.76%
NO, I would get depressed! 8 19.05%
It's OK 11 26.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:18 AM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
You have a bizarre fascination with the weather in Seattle despite having never been here.
also, he claims Stockholm has better weather/climate than Seattle which is far from the truth

Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 AM

807 posts, read 2,258,162 times
Its rained like five times since last April.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
blah,blah blah. Another Seattle weather thread. There is more to life than weather. Some like it, some don't mind it, some hate it. How many threads can we possibly do about this? Just askin'.
Not for some. There are people who put weather on top of everything. I live in one of those cities.

Seattle actually has better weather than 80% of the country. It never gets muggy and humid (Even San Diego can get a little humid). It doesn't have blinding blizzards or frigid temperatures like the midwest of northeast. It doesn't have those violent thunderstorms found in the great plains and the south and the tornadoes that go with them. No Hurricanes to worry about. No noreasters (although Seattle has a different weather condition with this name). Except for this past summer, it doesn't have the blistering heat of the southwest.

Besides, aren't Buffalo and Syracuse cloudier than Seattle? And they have that horrible lake effect snow and crap. Id say compared to 80% of the country, Seattle's weather is pretty damn good! lol

Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,597,852 times
Some people just don't deal well with the overcast weather and the short winter days, and I can respect that. But some dude from jersey looking up the 10 day forecast and then trying to convince us that we all live miserable lives soaked head to toe 24/7 is pretty funny.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Yes, I know that Seattle has much nicer weather (Esp. during summer) than most other places, but its 8 - 9 months depressing damp, chilly, rainy weather is crazy. Even though it's much colder in midwest and New England, they receive lots of sunshine during winter.

And you know this how? Again, you really need to be in a place to know what it's like. It is NOT depressing, damp, chilly, and rainy for 9 months. That's total BS. Show me all the graphs and charts you want, Sherlock. I live here. Some may disagree with me here, but here's a month by month very short description based on experience, not graphs:

January: Wet and cold, horrible
February: Warming up a little and a bit sunnier
March: Rainy early in the month, but less so later on, and continuing to warm
April: Far less rainy than NYC
May: Gorgeous
June: Gorgeous
July: Gorgeous
August: Gorgeous
September: Gorgeous
October: Mostly pretty nice
November: Wet, nasty
December: Wet, nasty

Again, I'm wondering why someone from another place goes to the Seattle forum and posts a poll about how horrible the weather here is, with no explanation. Did you just look at some stats and make some decision that Seattle has horrible weather? Or did you have some trauma, did your mom dangle you from the top of the Space Needle on a December day? Measurable rainfall is a very tiny amount, and the fact is Seattle has a lot of days where we get a very small amount of rain, but it's also cloudy and a bit sunny on the same day...But really, this poll just comes off as insulting to a lot of people who enjoy living here and choose to live here.
I know people who live there and they would agree with you.

It's not just Seattle they hate on. There's seems to be a west coast hate going on in general. Go into the Cali forums and it's on a whole different level lol

Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 PM

457 posts, read 1,345,197 times
I find it funny whenever I hear someone I know who has never been here complain about Seattle because it rains "all the time".

1. It doesn't.

2. There are several cities around the country that accrue more rainfall than Seattle does annually.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:22 PM

17 posts, read 59,166 times
Yah, this is soooo funny. I think I'll go to the New Jersey forum and say NJ is full of guidos and mafia, bitchy spoiled housewives, smelly factories, crumbling infrastructure, rotting tidelands and people who wish they lived in NYC. How's that for generalization? Oh yeah, and it has miserable weather based on heresay and my trips in and out of Newark airport.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:40 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,857 times
I grew up in Michigan, where blizzards and temps well below 0 were common in the winter.

I currently live in metro D.C., where the summers are hot, sticky, stifling, and miserable.

My wife and I visited Seattle in summer 2008, and it was gorgeous. Sunny, comfortable, and not a cloud in the sky. Sure, it's cloudy most of the year, but you know what? I'll take Seattle's moderate climate anytime over what I have now and what I grew up with.

I think the OP forgets that some people actually enjoy cool, cloudy weather. If it's not your cup of tea, don't move there. Me, I'm looking forward to it when I move out there next year.

Last edited by Adrian71; 10-12-2009 at 12:48 PM..

Old 10-12-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnab gib View Post
I grew up in Michigan, where blizzards and temps well below 0 were common in the winter.

I currently live in metro D.C., where the summers are hot, sticky, stifling, and miserable.

My wife and I visited Seattle in summer 2008, and it was gorgeous. Sunny, comfortable, and not a cloud in the sky. Sure, it's cloudy most of the year, but you know what? I'll take Seattle's moderate climate anytime over what I have now and what I grew up with.

I think the OP forgets that some people actually enjoy cool, cloudy weather. If it's not your cup of tea, don't move there. Me, I'm looking forward to it when I move out there next year.
Exactly! It's actually like that in San Diego right now with a bit of drizzle and it's wonderful!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:28 PM

594 posts, read 1,200,195 times
Pacific NW has the most wettest days & Cloudiest in the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area