Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:50 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,342,201 times

Advertisements

When a bus is laying over, most of the time the bus will be shut off, hence no noise...Besides, it's not going be real quiet at Broadway and Mercer anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 10:25 PM

132 posts, read 341,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katnewyorker View Post
Got it...well, the unit we are looking at (which is the only unit left) faces the bus. Do you think that's a deal breaker? The noise/view didn't bother me all that much...but I was only there for an hour or two.
It was a deal breaker for me (otherwise I would have become your potential neighbors already ).

Did you see any bus last time you were there? I suggest you to go into the unit and take a look again (when a bus is there and when it starts up the engine).

The townhouses run 400+k and you don't want to regret it after buying. Good luck!

Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 PM

33 posts, read 247,244 times
Yeah...I was there when the bus was there. It honestly didn't bug me that much, because it's not like it's obstructing an awesome view or anything. I remember hearing it (noisily) starting up and driving off when I was standing on the sidewalk, but I don't recall hearing the bus leave while I was inside the condo. I suppose the main factor is how sound proof the building is...

Old 11-01-2009, 04:45 PM

We ended up buying the condo! Went back a second time, and the buses weren't there that often. Plus, the fact that it is a bus zone means that no one can park there, so there are never any cars parked in front of your unit...also a plus.

As far as safety goes, we checked out the area around 9pm on a Thursday evening and felt very safe. Overall I'm feeling really great about our decision, and that the condos are a pretty good deal

Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 PM

132 posts, read 341,033 times
Congrats & enjoy your new home!!! =)

That area is very charming.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:27 PM

151 posts, read 525,729 times
Beautiful condo building. Beware the noise. B'way is incredibly noisy. Before you buy, spend an overnight with a sleeping bag and see if you can sleep through it.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:43 AM

The townhomes are actually on 10th Ave...one block off Broadway. A MUCH quieter street =)

Old 11-02-2009, 05:14 PM

178 posts, read 584,670 times
Broadway is the busiest strip in one of the densest neighborhoods in Seattle so I expect if you are considering moving to this location that you are not expecting the "pin dropping" silence you may get in some suburban neighborhoods. Everyone has different tolerances for ambient noise...my brother was surprised when I slept with the window open in his Manhattan apartment on a recent visit...to him it would have been too noisy while for me the city sounds were weirdly comforting. The pin-dropping silence of many suburban neighborhoods on the other hand is a little too disquietingly, we'll, quiet for me.

The Brix building is at the far north tip of broadway and I walk by the place at all hours since I go to the Gold's Gym one block south of there. If the unit is on the East side of the buliding (where the buses occasionally park) it is going to be super quiet. If it's on the west side, you're going to get the usual traffic noise and such from Broadway but not too bad. Farther south on Broadway is going to be noiser and frankly, a little less "upscale".

There is another (much larger than BRIX) condo complex going up across the street which bodes well for the density and livability of the area. I would LOVE to be able to afford to buy a BRIX...and live above one of Seattle's best coffeehouses...Vivace. Ah...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: