Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 01:11 AM

2,957 posts, read 12,720,858 times

Advertisements

Vells, your expertise on the details of the topic and various state to state legalities.....is impressive.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 08:42 PM

918 posts, read 1,696,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vells View Post
There are states that do not deny strip clubs that feature fully nude dancers liquor licenses. I don't know about Oregon first hand, but find the claim credible based on knowing that some other states allow this.

I know for sure of:
West Virginia
Florida
Nevada (not everywhere): There is one place in Las Vegas that has all nude dancers and a liquor license (it is an exception due to the club having been established prior to Clark County's restrictions on alcohol and strip clubs).

Texas: there are full nude strip clubs in Texas where, even if they do not serve the alcohol, it can be brought on premises by someone showing proof of age to legally possess it.

Lousiana: Less sure of this one but, unless something has changed in the past 15 years (maybe it has), Lousiana allows alcohol and full nudity in strip bars.

It'd be more work than I care to do to research every state but those are places I know about from travelling to there -- so, it's not everywhere in the U.S. that has those restrictions, as it's a locally, not federally, regulated policy.
Very informative, thank you

Old 12-02-2009, 06:19 PM

11 posts, read 33,673 times
Thinking of moving the hotel to the edgewater..anyone stay there?
Seattle Hotels - The Edgewater, Downtown Seattle Hotel in Washington, WA

Old 12-02-2009, 09:16 PM

506 posts, read 2,573,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_crazy_canuck78 View Post
Thinking of moving the hotel to the edgewater..anyone stay there?
Seattle Hotels - The Edgewater, Downtown Seattle Hotel in Washington, WA
Never stayed there but that is a good location.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:19 PM

11 posts, read 33,673 times
Default help help help

Okay I need help on this. stupid tripadvisor.com has both bad reviews and good reviews on the Silvercloud Inn across from the stadium. They charge $20/day to park which is horse sh*t.
The edgewater has a better rate but a lot of bad reviews. The best western in pioneer square seems "seedy"

Any local know the best location for hotel rooms?
couple dudes, want something downtown(not too far from qwest field) where we can get drunk, bar etc. But not seedy..i'm willing to fork out + $200 /night for this.

Old 12-03-2009, 03:25 PM

807 posts, read 2,257,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_crazy_canuck78 View Post
Okay I need help on this. stupid tripadvisor.com has both bad reviews and good reviews on the Silvercloud Inn across from the stadium. They charge $20/day to park which is horse sh*t.
The edgewater has a better rate but a lot of bad reviews. The best western in pioneer square seems "seedy"

Any local know the best location for hotel rooms?
couple dudes, want something downtown(not too far from qwest field) where we can get drunk, bar etc. But not seedy..i'm willing to fork out + $200 /night for this.

Usually the Red Lion on 5th Ave has decent rates. Then you could just hop the rail to the stadiums. Its like a 5 min ride. Plus, its downtown and theres a few bars nearby.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:08 PM

506 posts, read 2,573,742 times
The scene around Qwest is different than the scene around Belltown and they aren't exactly walking distance to each other. Pioneer Square area is walking distance to Qwest (kinda) and is good if you are maybe in the 20-25 age group while the lounges and bars in Belltown are more for the 30 somethings or late 20's. Have you tried the W Hotel? It would still be a long walk or cab ride to Belltown from there though and definitely a cab ride to Qwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area