Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 08:44 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,070,295 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any quick advice or recommendations on painters or painting company's in Seattle? I want to have the entire interior of my condo painted, but I certainly don't have the time or finesse to do it myself. It's completely furnished and I'm pretty particular about a good paint job with leaving the furniture and floors unscathed. LOL If anyone knows any really good and competitively priced painting companies or folks, please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 09:59 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
I just used Dino's Painting and was very happy. He is highly rated on Angie's List but may only paint on the Eastside. I was referred to another guy but he is not bonded or insured but a few friends have used him and liked his work. His name is Angel 206-250-9681. He is from Colombia and can struggle with his English a bit but the price was right. I just personally didn't want to use someone who was not bonded and insured so I went with Dino.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:38 PM

854 posts, read 4,141,334 times
I love the abovementioned Angie's List. I've gotten incredible recommendations from them. Much better than random Google searches. Plus, you can browse through the people that report having hired them, and see what they paid and when!!

Old 04-12-2010, 12:53 AM

1,457 posts, read 6,031,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlion View Post
I love the abovementioned Angie's List. I've gotten incredible recommendations from them. Much better than random Google searches. Plus, you can browse through the people that report having hired them, and see what they paid and when!!
I'm not too sure about Angie's LIst.

So far, someone who I worked for gave me an "A" rating. And someone I never worked for, talked to or provided an estimate to, gave me an "F" rating. They had only emailed.

So ... this last January comes along ...

A man who read both reviews hired me. He got one other estimate from an Angie's List referral. The man hired me because the other company told him it would take 2 hours to prune his 17 trees, and I told him it would take about 2 days.

It took me 2 work days. And he said he liked the pruning a lot.

So I have been encountering tales and experiences of both hit and miss with Angie's List.

My favorite option for referrals is to call professional contractors and ask them who they would hire to work on their home. Like calling a plumber and asking what electrician they would hire. Or calling the manager of Les Schwab Tires and asking which mechanic he would pick to work on his truck engine.

So getting back to this paint thing. One option for finding a painter, could be to call the workers or manager of a Sherwin Williams or Miller Paint business, and ask for a couple of contractors who they would like to see painting their homes.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:30 PM

1,930 posts, read 6,535,543 times
I make it a personal rule not to pull from Angie's List unless they have many, many A ratings and a slew of B ratings. If they have a C or below at all, I will usually disregard them completely unless I can see someone was just trying to screw them over. I have found a contractor, painter, landscaping company, landscape architect, roof/gutter cleaner, carpet cleaner, plumber and electrician off of AL and I have been 100% satisfied with all of them. JMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: