Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 01:29 PM

10 posts, read 17,066 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what fun things there are to do in the city? I am moving from a relatively small town and am interested in art, good restaurants, and movies. Please let me know!

Thanks

[LEFT]

[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 01:41 PM

172 posts, read 442,065 times
Seattle is filled with fun things to do. I would hit up Pikes Place market in downtown close to the water. It's an open air market filled with street performers and selling booths. If you go on the weekend you may hit bigger crowds then a week day.
Another place is the top of the Space needle. It's a cool place for pictures and even buying tourist stuff. Its a one time thing, but its cool for someone new to Seattle.
Seattle is filled with cool art. One of my favorite art places is the Asian ARt Museum on Capitol hill. You can find out times and rates if you look up SAM.com I think it is, which stands for the Seattle Art Museum. Another place for art is under the Auraora bridge where a huge troll sits which hes also crushing a car.
Restaurants not sure or theatres. If you like sushi there is a place called blue sea at the University mall.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:46 PM

10 posts, read 17,066 times
Thank you so much. This will definitely help. It certainly gives me a starting place for my trip

Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,339,773 times
If you're going to the Asian Art Museum in Volunteer Park, you'll only be a few blocks away from the Harvard Exit movie theatre, one of Seattle's few movie houses with personality.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,371,813 times
The Seattle Art Museum and the Seattle Asian Art Museum are both free on the first Thursday of the month, FYI.

There are plenty of good guides to restaurants in Seattle, but explore and discover for yourself. That's part of the fun of moving to a new city. Walk around your neighborhood. Be willing to try food you haven't had before. Most of the folks at the small restaurants I've been to are more than happy to suggest menu items that you might like if they know you've never had a particular kind of food before.

Pike Place Market is interesting (please don't say Pike's Market or Pike's Place), but the neighborhood farmer's markets are great. Most neighborhoods have them in the spring, summer and fall and a couple like the big UW market are open year round. There is usually live music, tons of local vendors and farmers, and lots of your neighbors. Fresh - Local - Fun — Neighborhood Farmers Market Alliance

The Olympic Sculpture Garden is worth a visit if you like art. I find myself looking at the traffic in Puget Sound and the Olympics across the water more than I look at the art, but it's almost not fair to put works of man-made art up against the magnificent job nature has done around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area