Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 PM

24 posts, read 420,406 times

Advertisements

First of all- I appreciate all the good advice that appears to have been given to prior posts on the subject so I hope the Forum members can be as helpful to me.

I am moving to the Seattle or Tacoma area within the next 2-3 months but as of yet- have not been able to determine if there is any reasonably priced area anywhere in the general vicinity. I have family in the Tacoma area- hence the move- but Tacoma is too big and congested. I work for Home Depot which on the plus side can allow me to determine where I want to be but on the negative side- the pay isn't great so I can't afford more than $800 a month for rent. I'm not fussy (except for drugs and gangs) just want a place to start out in until I get situated. Once I've been there- I can figure out my next move- just need to figure out where to go that I can afford yet still is decent. My research has found that cost-of-living is more reasonable in some of the smaller towns- but there are so many- I don't even know where to begin. Ideally I'd like to be no more than an hour's drive from Tacoma either north or south.
My other biggie is finding a rental with pets- several cats- 6- that for me is freaking me out but I've had them so long- I don't want to give them up. I think my chances might be better in a smaller town where rentals are not at a premium. Does any one have any suggestions about that or know of any agencies that might help me find housing with pets? I can't believe that I am that unique with the situation.
Any help and advice is greatly appreciated- this is a great site.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 12:11 AM

5,595 posts, read 18,991,180 times
I was thinking about some areas I might suggest but that "6 cats" thing bothers me. I'm thinking that you may have a difficult time finding somewhere that will allow that.

An agency that might help?, good question. Anybody?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:02 AM

24 posts, read 420,406 times
Default Thank you

I'll take any suggestions for locations- need to start somewhere! Once I identify an area- I can start researching rentals- research for Animal Support groups that might help. I realize it might be hard finding an apartment that would allow all my cats but maybe I can find a private rental. I have to believe that there is an answer out there no matter what it takes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco22 View Post
I was thinking about some areas I might suggest but that "6 cats" thing bothers me. I'm thinking that you may have a difficult time finding somewhere that will allow that.

An agency that might help?, good question. Anybody?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: