Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 10:11 PM

197 posts, read 612,791 times

Advertisements

If you are going to make your move, the time to do it is now while you are young, unattached, and able to make some lifestyle compromises. Like you said - If you don't like it, you can always move back without too much of a loss. If you don't do it, you will always wonder.
Even though Seattle is expensive, there are plenty of ways to get by if you are single and don't have a lot. You might even want to look at Bellingham, if you do plan on working in Vancouver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 05:54 PM

3 posts, read 5,682 times
Quick bump, gotta go... some good advice (and kind words of motivation) so far. Thank you!

Old 05-08-2010, 06:36 PM

3 posts, read 5,682 times
Forgot to ask... what's the story on surfing near Seattle?

I'm a beginner, like soft waves and ride a 8.4 but I'm not sure if I should bring it up with me or sell it. If it's all tough waves that are 3 hours away, I'm not sure how often I'd go.

Thanks for any advice on this... I'm pretty conflicted on 'board or no board'

Old 05-11-2010, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,517 times
I live in NY but soon, I'll be living in Seattle, I have moved
to the city for my work.

That such is the climate, it rains a lot I say it?
summer is like NY? such a winter, lot of snow falls?

Thank you very much.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:16 PM

807 posts, read 2,258,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavDav View Post
Forgot to ask... what's the story on surfing near Seattle?

I'm a beginner, like soft waves and ride a 8.4 but I'm not sure if I should bring it up with me or sell it. If it's all tough waves that are 3 hours away, I'm not sure how often I'd go.

Thanks for any advice on this... I'm pretty conflicted on 'board or no board'

You can surf storms at Ft Ebey. Other than that youre talking a 2 1/2 hour drive to Ocean Shores, Westport or Seaside.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:42 PM

17 posts, read 43,706 times
You should never say you are giving up your friends.. Just have them fly up every so often. like mine will be doing. You see, I moved here to Seattle just 14 days ago.. And let me tell you.......I Love it here. I was so fortunate to get an apartment in the Market. I'm so close to everything. And I gave up my car (sold it the second day I was here). And I'm on foot now. Which is good for my Health..

I know your a young man and just starting out . So, this will be the most fun place you can ever live. I'm 62 years old, and I love all the different types of people here. I'm never bored, There are so many places to see. Will I still be this excited in a year? Well, that remains to be seen. But, I think I will stick it out here for a very long time.

Something very bad would have to happen for me to think of moving to a different State.

So, good luck in your Move.. And just have fun.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:00 AM

807 posts, read 2,258,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babsonthego4 View Post
You should never say you are giving up your friends.. Just have them fly up every so often. like mine will be doing. You see, I moved here to Seattle just 14 days ago.. And let me tell you.......I Love it here. I was so fortunate to get an apartment in the Market. I'm so close to everything. And I gave up my car (sold it the second day I was here). And I'm on foot now. Which is good for my Health..

I know your a young man and just starting out . So, this will be the most fun place you can ever live. I'm 62 years old, and I love all the different types of people here. I'm never bored, There are so many places to see. Will I still be this excited in a year? Well, that remains to be seen. But, I think I will stick it out here for a very long time.

Something very bad would have to happen for me to think of moving to a different State.

So, good luck in your Move.. And just have fun.
Can I ask how you got an apartment in the Market?

Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,372,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Can I ask how you got an apartment in the Market?
He's either got money, or he's in public housing.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:48 PM

1,989 posts, read 6,598,230 times
apartment in the market = bed at the youth hostel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area