Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 12:40 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcjmom View Post
So currently am contemplating how an epi pen, which I understand to be steroids primarily
EpiPen's contain epinephren which is more commonly known as adrenaline. No steroids.

Works to improve BP and eliminate airway constriction due to extreme allergic reactions. Good stuff but needs to be used correctly (can be fatal if used incorrectly), available OTC from Canada for about $20 Canadian (if you have Canadian relatives, or live near there).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 317 times
Smile Sidesteepping a Costly and Toxic Root Canal

I'm wondering if there is any research on the following method of dealing with a tooth that has become very painful and appears to be in the process of abscessing: You would take fairly high doses of antibiotics but quit completely after only 7-10 days. The dose might be 1500mg of amoxycillin daily in divided doses. You would start immediately when it became obvious that a certain tooth was going very bad. You would of course generously supply nutrients to help the tooth heal and you would avoid strongly acid foods and sugary foods that might worsen the problem. If the tooth is being attacked from the side or near the gumline you might also find benefit from flossing the area where the tooth is being attacked.
I've recently had some experiences that suggest to me that this actually works to close off the breach and keep it closed for months when a tooth starts going very bad. If you don't want a very expensive and toxic root canal or an extraction, this type of strategy seems to work. Since everyone is different I can't guarantee that what works for me will necessarily work for you.
The simplest way to get an antibiotic prescription is to complain to a dentist about terrible tooth pain when his office is closed or you won't be able to get immediate treatment.
The nutrients that are most important to help teeth heal are very similar to the ones the bones also need: Vitamins D3 and K2, and the minerals calcium and phosphorus are especially big. Several systemic conditions including diabetes are known to damage teeth and/or gums. So these conditions need to also be taken care of. Vitamin C is of major importance to the gums.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:00 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,994,940 times
I had complete extraction and top of the line dentures in 2010.
Total bill.........$3580

Total time in dental chair 1 hour 15 minutes.

They look great.........fit great.......and I couldn't care less about dentists if bad times strike.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:40 PM

7,488 posts, read 10,485,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
They look great.........fit great.......and I couldn't care less about dentists if bad times strike.
Yeah, but you'd better stock up on some denture cement!

One hard bite on a poppy seed and "crrracckk!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness