Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 02:56 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times

Advertisements

Generally, if you call the police, giving the frequency of the events, they're going to, most likely, ask you if you have any potential enemies. Any number of us have enemies we're unaware of. And we can create vengeful enemies over the littlest things.

There was a senior man in my community, retired with lots of time on his hands, who used to target cars with those loud, thumping stereo's. These drivers didn't think they were doing anything wrong whatsoever. And this man, let's say, gave these owners any number of "messages", and, in some cases, he won, and they moved out of the neighborhood. Except in this case, no costly damage was done, never cost the owners a dime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2016, 08:12 PM

7,646 posts, read 4,594,923 times
It's gotta be someone insane, even vengeance boils down over time. We've got one that comes around every month or so and prays to one our trees in the front yards. He's a small old Viet guy and harmless, and not there long. I watched him a couple times to see what he's doing. Like a Buddhist chant or something. Not in English. Then he gets on his bike and rides away.

When I stand where he goes at night, the lights do make some funny movements. It is a bit surreal.

Anyway, weird, but not harmful.

Getting screwed 30 times in 3 years would be a lot worse. Screw through tire. You ever get someone pregnant and leave them John? Know any kids named condom broke?

As for catching the guy, I'm reminded of an old audit joke. There was a supermarket manager who thought some cashiers were taking from their tills. He spoke to the auditor on how he wanted it stopped, showed the auditor what he had and the auditor agreed something fishy was going on. He said he'd come back the following month and do surprise counts on all of the tills.

So he came back after a month and all the cashiers were expecting him. He counted drawers and they were perfect. Nobody was taking any money. He went back to the manager and asked how they all knew. The manager replied, oh, I told them Corporate would be doing surprise counts going forward and pressing charges on anyone caught. The auditor exclaimed....but now I won't catch anyone stealing. The manager agreed, and told him he was very happy with his work.

If you want to catch a criminal, I can understand, but that's not the most important thing. The most important thing is you want the vandalism to stop. Go get a big dumb box camera and aim it straight at your car. Make it very obvious and put a sign out front that the grounds are monitored.

If you ever need to check the tape, it will be after your tires get screwed again. That's it.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:57 AM

628 posts, read 2,069,931 times
I'm dealing with the same problem.
5 tires with nails in them in 1 year, $500 gone.

I got this cheap motion sensor camera. I'm gonna put in a birdhouse facing the car.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019MMRV1M
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness