Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 12:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Point taken.

I know I have a vatt of tar and feathers fit for any so called Govt authority that sells a postage stamp parcell of land to any other Govt body in the world.

In life I never got so lucky as to earn the big dollars, money for nothing, but i busted and still do tail, for what i earn. I am very lucky my wife isn't a hobby shopper.

The other day we both got a lesson. I was trying to help a woman friend of ours who'es husband suffered a stroke. He was into surviaval but in odd ways not so simple and dependant on toys, and wild fixes. His fixes are so cheap and one on top of another it has become impossible to fix the real first problem.

His toy like gear needs parts all no longer made. To me it is a waste of junk of crap by the laundery basket fullS, in just cleaning one of his 4 big vehicals.

I bdon't know all of what was in the basket full of junk I did see, but one item was a million candle power lamp for god only knows what. Another was a coleman heater that needs a screw on one time use propane bottle, good for maybe 6 to 12 ours as a guess.

I am so sure in shtf you will find these bottles in any store open..... yeah right.

Sets me off too, since he was in a 2 weeks power outage with a busted gennie, and got cold.

That power outage was due to a big oce storm. It took out all of New Enland, a good part of NY state, and towers in Montreal. I got to see those tower later in summer.

I will never forget the stench of the local shop n' save where i was requested to go to BUY things, no longer in stock. That store had a lot of stuff left over and all fit for the dumpster. Man that place stunk of rot and waste to the point in stores I still sniff traces of it.

Me, on the other hand at that time lived in the trailer from Hell . When I moved in there were dead rodents in the bath tub, and the tub was falling thru the floor. The location was everything as was the very low rent. Dead center in the ossipee ring d i k e (nannied word). http://www.nhgeology.org/jurassic.htm

I heated with wood, got water from the brook, and owned the same 4x4 plow truck I got now. I had so much food I fed 4 maybe 5 work crews and offered a place to sleep/rest. I made donuts and coffee round the clock and did deliveries in the woods any place i could find a crew.

The crews were reluctant to come in for any rest and when the first crew did, they thought I had power! That scared them baddly. Since it was 80 inside, I had many lamps going some as bright as 60 watts, and foods were cooking on the wood stove non stop. I had radio going from places far enough away the ice storm didn't effect radio, so i had tunes too.

That was far from the first party I ever had when no one else had heat, light, or power enough for radio / cassette music and the like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 02:33 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
IMO the Feds don't own any of that. "we" the people DO. If the Feds start selling off land to foreign countries that could cause a minor problem here or there IMO.
Contrary to popular belief, Federal property is not titled to the American people.
If the Federal government dissolved tomorrow, City of Washington, District of Columbia reverts back to Maryland state.
For federal properties purchased / acquired later, one would assume that said properties revert back to their respective states.

The next question, do the "State of _______" governments hold title to "all lands" within their state boundaries?

If the legal definition of private property still applies - the answer is NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness