Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

It seems to me they are more stressed.
Very easy to get upset and fly off the handle and then catch themselves.

It's like folks are walking on eggshells. Not all mind you but alot that I run into day to day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 07:49 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
We all are electrical beings... As such magnetic fields that change are bound to have effect on us.

I just am not sure what.

Weather has endless efects on us. I got PMS right now

I don't care for to many 18% winter gray days in a row either.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with wind bags and blow hard boss men, or anyone else, when I don't want.

I see something things I don't like in younger generations, and they can be rude at times, almost untouchable, that 'whatever' thing. It's almost like they think they know something.

In my case I am sure I know something LOL

Old 02-18-2011, 10:17 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Lot of it has to with the basic lack of manners that you see today.

Just in the last two days I had two young people talking on cell phones( a boy about 12 and a girl about 18) and standing somewhere they shouldn't be.

The boy was standing in front of door and the girl standing blocking an aisle. I said "excuse me"(although they were in the wrong) and they both kept talking clueless to those around them.

People(especially the younger ones) are becoming so insular they're unaware of their surroundings and more concerned with who they're texting or talking to. They could care less if they're actions and lack of courtesy impacts others.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
We all are electrical beings... As such magnetic fields that change are bound to have effect on us.

I just am not sure what.

Weather has endless efects on us. I got PMS right now

I don't care for to many 18% winter gray days in a row either.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with wind bags and blow hard boss men, or anyone else, when I don't want.

I see something things I don't like in younger generations, and they can be rude at times, almost untouchable, that 'whatever' thing. It's almost like they think they know something.

In my case I am sure I know something LOL
You can't have PMS, you are smilin' too much.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:28 AM

123 posts, read 216,038 times
Hmmmmm....Are people more agitated? Could it be....

Differences of world views (e.g. Secular Humanist vs. Christian)....poor state of the economy...obvious decline of our country...decline of the family...inability to communicate with each other because our noses are stuck in our cell phones, iPods, or "Crack"berries (lack of social skills and ability to communicate face to face....immediate gratification and "need/deserve it now "sense of entitlement...deeper/widening political divisions...annoyance with other generations...looming inflation...looming food shortages...annoyance with union workers who want to be treated like professionals yet act like teamsters :-), spreading riots popping up all over, and last but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST....

...there might not be NFL to watch next football season. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....! LOL

Old 02-19-2011, 09:58 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You can't have PMS, you are smilin' too much.
Spring is coming, and my Parked Motorcycle Syndrome will end soon

Old 02-19-2011, 06:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
With the public sector now gearing up for major cuts/changes to their contracts the frayed edges are getting bigger.

It's like we're having mini Greece protests in various states and I'll wager there will be more following.

If you stand back and see the big picture you can actually see how this debt that started with people not paying their mortgages (subprime blowout) has worked it's way through our system into the various segments at various points in time. Now the Fed/Treasury/WH did screw it up some with printing money and sending out to various groups (stimulus, bailout) but eventually DEBT rears it's ugly head and wants it's due.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:52 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Just look at it from Obama's perspective. If things continue to gradually get worse and more and more states take these actions the likelyhood that union protestors will become truly violent increases exponentially. When that happens elections can be interrupted and martial law can be declared.

The cash strapped states are already being forced to consider canceling Presidential primaries for 2012.

Not enough money for a 2012 primary? - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Now, if our legislative processees are shut down by protestors and our elections are comprmised because of either bankruptcy or violence, you can bet there will be some very cranky/angry people! It could go from Greek like protests to Middle East type protests without much imagination at all.

While I acknowledge the socio-economic factors I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that out behavior is being influenced by electro-magnetic factors as well.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:18 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Lot of it has to with the basic lack of manners that you see today.

Just in the last two days I had two young people talking on cell phones( a boy about 12 and a girl about 18) and standing somewhere they shouldn't be.

The boy was standing in front of door and the girl standing blocking an aisle. I said "excuse me"(although they were in the wrong) and they both kept talking clueless to those around them.

People(especially the younger ones) are becoming so insular they're unaware of their surroundings and more concerned with who they're texting or talking to. They could care less if they're actions and lack of courtesy impacts others.
I think we can sum that behavior up to poor parenting and I feel it is unrelated to the OP's topic. While I do agree the younger generation leaves something to be desired.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
I've noticed, just in my own little community, that crime is up. WAY up. I live in the Coachella Valley of California (Palm Springs area). This was always considered a very safe area. Recently, we have experienced a TON of crime. I believe the economy has a lot to do with it.

For example, in Palm Desert there is a street called El Paseo, which is like Beverly Hills' Rodeo Drive. El Paseo houses shops like Escada, Gucci, Baccarat, etc. It is a well known fact that the wealthy shop El Paseo. Recently, many wealthy tourists have been violently attacked and robbed - one man, a Canadian man in a wheelchair who is a double amputee - went to park his car at a restaurant on El Paseo. He handed his keys to what he thought was the valet. It wasn't. It was some street thug who beat the guy with a hammer, robbed him of his wallet, and took off with his car.

Since we have a lot of wealthy "snowbirds" here, the thugs are now hip to the fact that people with an out of state or out of country license plate are probably wealthy, since they can afford to live here during the winter and fly back to wherever they came from for the summer. These people frequent El Paseo. Thus, El Paseo has become a hunting ground for thugs looking to get some cash, valuable jewelry, a snazzy new car, a flashy, expensive designer purse, etc.

It is alarming to realize that the area isn't safe anymore. That you can actually live in Los Angeles and be closer to your job, and the crime isn't any worse than it is in the desert now. I have always been mindful of my own personal safety, but a lot of people who come here aren't. They rely on the area's reputation. It is sad. On the one hand, you want to warn them to be safe, but on the other hand, you don't want to scare them away either. This area relies heavily on tourist dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness