Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 07:48 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,128,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Well I'm glad you acknowledge my vitamin suggestion...
It makes total sense, instead of hording around tons of food...vitamins will really become like gold should such a scenerio develop...but not at first...cause most don't think along those lines...most are thinking elk, moose, duck, meat and potatoes...there not thinking minerals and vitamins...which your body breaks all that down into anyways...

Sure, you'll still be hungry...but at least you won't be malnurished...

Quote:
Every gun fight I've ever seen on TV always ends with both sides taking hits...
It's not the case with every gunfight I'VE BEEN IN.
(More than a couple!)

Quote:
That's why the underground shelters from the 50's are actually a great idea...
Go volunteer for some study where your cooped up with others in a tight space for a long perid of time... and then get back with us.

Quote:
Not for nuclear fallout, but rather to stay hidden, so that trouble makers will walk right over you and not even know you exist...

And if you have the resorces, you should get about 5-6 of these...bury them in stratigic locations around your territory...again...get like 4-6 of these...if your rich and can afford it...and bury them in strategic locations...
And don't tell anyone where you bury them...only you and a few of your friends or family will know...don't register nothing...

And stock each one up with lots of vitamins, water and other goodies...food, soap, first aid stuff...ok ok...and even ammo for you gun crazies...

I really wish you all would listen to me...and stop resisting my advice...
I'm only trying to help..

Quite frankly, we don't because your advice sucks, it's NOT based on anything factual, correct, based on experience etc.

go LEARN and then come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 11:28 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Here's a better example...

All I'm saying is build your stuff under ground...or clear dirt...then bury it...don't let anyone know where you are...cause no matter how many guns you have, it won't matter once people know where you are...remain invisible...avoid confrontation...
Lots of survivalists and ex-military types know how to make hidden bunkers, often dug into hillsides, which can cost almost nothing more than the price of a (folding) shovel. You might be able to hide a few weeks worth of food and supplies in one. Various instructions are all over the internet for anyone to use freely. Camouflaged treehouses are also an option if you want to go in the opposite direction.

It's pretty hard to live in one without someone noticing the signs of occupation, even if they didn't see you make it. I remember there were a few bunkers found in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, homeless vets managed to live there for quite a while before being discovered. But they WERE found eventually.

Here's a video from that old TV show, The Twilight Zone, which presents an interesting drama and dilemma concerning the idea of '50s bomb shelters:
TTZ - The Shelter [1|3] - YouTube

Old 01-23-2012, 07:24 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
What??...why are you giving me that look??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Lots of survivalists and ex-military types know how to make hidden bunkers, often dug into hillsides, which can cost almost nothing more than the price of a (folding) shovel. You might be able to hide a few weeks worth of food and supplies in one. Various instructions are all over the internet for anyone to use freely. Camouflaged treehouses are also an option if you want to go in the opposite direction.

It's pretty hard to live in one without someone noticing the signs of occupation, even if they didn't see you make it. I remember there were a few bunkers found in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, homeless vets managed to live there for quite a while before being discovered. But they WERE found eventually.

Here's a video from that old TV show, The Twilight Zone, which presents an interesting drama and dilemma concerning the idea of '50s bomb shelters:

TTZ - The Shelter [1|3] - YouTube
I love the Twilight Zone...and watched that episode last night...

Anyways...cheers everyone...

Let's just be happy...and be glad such apocolyptic times aren't upon us yet....

In the mean time, let's dance and be merry around the camp fire...

And to all the returning troops...and those on here who are vets...

What you did and saw, will never be under appreciated by some of us...

Forgive this society in advance upon your return...and how many will not be able to relate to you...and try to marginalize the impact you had over there, and what you saw...and what you lost, and what you gained...please forgive them in advance...

But you'll find many a friend here in this section...myself being chief amongst them...

Now lets dance and celebrate life...

Marshall Tucker Band - Heard it in a Love Song - YouTube

Last edited by Time and Space; 01-23-2012 at 07:34 PM..

Old 02-22-2012, 01:42 PM

212 posts, read 320,547 times
if you are stupid, come out in daylight, and make trails that lead back to your dugout, and if lots of people are free to walk around. but the latter won't be true of shtf. they will soon mostly be dead. :-) Come out only 2x a week at most, and use 'nail sandals" to hide your tracks, and always come and go by varied routes, and the odds of anyone finding your dugout are vanishingly small. finding you and being able to DO anything to you are not the same thing, either. What else do you have to do, confined in that dugout, but dig an escape tunnel? rig the trap door with a mousetrap-cartridge noisemaker, and sleep peacefully. if it pops, crawl to the other end of the tunnel, if you're not already sleeping there, lift that lid, use night vision and silenced 22 auto to dispose of the problem. If you are really paranoid, have some pipe bombs made/stashed, or at least, the materials for such, and construct them after shtf. Shoot as many as possible first, cause once the bomb goes off, they will all be moving/prone/using cover. Once they do those things, THEN toss the bombs.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:45 PM

212 posts, read 320,547 times
MY 22's, using subsonic ammo, will be BB gun quiet, count on it. :-) Making and threading on high quality .22 cans is a piece of cake. Google Paladin press, search there for silencer "how to" books.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 PM

Well I hope your only planning on hunting bunny rabbits with that...or squirrel...

Old 02-22-2012, 07:56 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,605,395 times
Quote:
Well I hope your only planning on hunting bunny rabbits with that...or squirrel...
No, only people who don't belong, but just stay away and you'll have no trouble.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittic View Post
MY 22's, using subsonic ammo, will be BB gun quiet, count on it. :-) Making and threading on high quality .22 cans is a piece of cake. Google Paladin press, search there for silencer "how to" books.
Gunkid? Is that you?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCZ5F8tMk4w

Old 02-22-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
No, only people who don't belong, but just stay away and you'll have no trouble.
You've just revealed the darkness in your heart...your basically a murderer...

Good luck with that in the next world...

Old 02-22-2012, 09:00 PM

let's see...

A vet, former Navy...served with honor...

No criminal record what so ever...perfectly clean civic record...

Someone who always returnes lost wallets, keys ect ect..

Totally honest...

Someone who always stops to help stranded motorist...

Someone who's never ever been on any kind of government assisted payroll of any kind...

Someone who treats animals fairly...cats' dogs ect...

Someone who believes in a God, a higher power...

Someone who in real life is honest, works hard, and doesn't complain...

But according to 'Happy in Wyoming'...I deserve a bullet...

I think we're starting to see who the real monster is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness