Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 06:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Listen, Nighteyes, I don't plan on buying one with a pistol grip, I was simply asking why ppl don't like them, and from there it turned into a "omg, she's a loose cannon." No one actually said that, but that's how it was implied, imo. Let's just drop it and move on and continue our friendly conversations on firearms, ok.

Btw, I feel like I need to add that ex-hubby is law enforcement, a tactical unit to be exact, and I've gotten most of my training from him, plus I hold a blackbelt in TKD, and other weapons training...I'm just not the delicate type, got lots of upper body strength too. I'm still a girly-girl (love glitter and all things sparkly) but with a twist. So please understand that I do know what I'm doing.

I got that from the post, where you said you just split the blanket, and he took the guns you once had access too. I 'feel' the greater part just want to see you get off on the right foot, and hadn't read each post you wrote. For a portion you are to blame, using texted words which fail to cover things well in many cases, and don't I know that.

What does YMMV mean?

A last point, which has nothing to do with you. Most guys who shot all their lives will welcome any and all females to shooting. It's just good form in these times to have anyone who will own and shoot guns to do so and getting females on board now is critical to our Freedoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 06:45 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I got that from the post, where you said you just split the blanket, and he took the guns you once had access too. I 'feel' the greater part just want to see you get off on the right foot, and hadn't read each post you wrote. For a portion you are to blame, using texted words which fail to cover things well in many cases, and don't I know that.

What does YMMV mean?

A last point, which has nothing to do with you. Most guys who shot all their lives will welcome any and all females to shooting. It's just good form in these times to have anyone who will own and shoot guns to do so and getting females on board now is critical to our Freedoms.
Yeah, you're probably right, Mac. I just get irritated when ppl start assuming things. And sometimes its hard to interpret tone on the forum unless accomponied by a smilie, ya know. Oh, I think it means "Your mileage may vary", in other words- your results might differ. Yes, your last point is dead on.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:06 PM

Whats YMMV mean?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
Quote:
Whats YMMV mean?
YMMV = Your mileage may vary.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 AM

Thanks. I am old fashion Didn't understand once explained so asked again.

I have troubles with lettery thangs like that all the time too. One, is I don't use GPS, but use MAP instead.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:21 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,599,129 times
Quote:
I have troubles with lettery thangs like that all the time too. One, is I don't use GPS, but use MAP instead.
I'm with you, MM. I've been using maps since I learned to read; I haven't had to change a battery yet.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:35 AM

HW, Oddly members of my family are after me to get a device that runs on thin air to get signals. Ipod thing Iphone or a Ipod, so they can call me when their lost, so I can see a MAP, or to call me when they are broke down, because i can fix stuff. I don't use a regular phone much over twice a year. I didn't want a cell because I didn't want anyone to reach out and touch me.

If my wife has a break down I know she also has a thumb. If she see's this I am dead meat.

Old 06-23-2011, 01:04 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,509,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Listen, Nighteyes, I don't plan on buying one with a pistol grip, I was simply asking why ppl don't like them, and from there it turned into a "omg, she's a loose cannon." No one actually said that, but that's how it was implied, imo. Let's just drop it and move on and continue our friendly conversations on firearms, ok.
tkdmom,

If I offended you in any way, I do apologize. FWIW, I never saw, described, nor assumed you to be, a "loose cannon." I think, as Mac_Muz implied, that such an interpretation may have come from your own viewpoint.

As Rodney King once said, "Can't we all just get along?"

With regards and apologies,

-- Nighteyes

Old 06-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Tkdmom, Nighteyes is a great old geezer. He looks like Graham Green too boot. I am 100% possitive he had your best wishes in mind, no matter any misunderstandings. Had I not read the post where you suffered the loss of the firearms, I may have shared his remarks. We can't see and we can't tell.

No matter what Nighteyes says i got his back too. If you were he that could be a scarey ideer!

Old 06-23-2011, 03:34 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,746 times
Quote:
Thanks. I am old fashion Didn't understand once explained so asked again.

Outstanding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness